You should start thinking about your wedding transport at least six months before your big day, to discover what you like, to shop around, and to ensure your date is free. There is nothing like treating yourselves to a fabulous ride to get you from A to B in style. Here are our top 10 picks for wedding cars. By Karen Birney
Top 10 Wedding Cars for the Bride & Groom
Sky blue vintage Rolls Royce from Blue Ribbon
1. Sky Blue Vintage Rolls Royce from Blue Ribbon -The Rolls Royce Silver Shadow is a beautiful creation, and it a striking sky blue in colour. It's is always a head turner, due mainly to its sky blue colour, and will make a massive impression on your big day and in your wedding photos after. Plus, it was originally owned by Virgin Records owner Richard Branson, none the less!
2. 1963 Cadillac Sedan from South Coast Cadillac -Having carried out a full six year restoration from the ground up, South Coast Cadillac's Mark Davis has renovated this beauty is back to its original glory in every detail, from its massive V8 to its luxurious bench seats. It's no surprise that this car turns heads and has people reaching for cameras wherever it goes. It has been featured on the cover of leading Irish newspapers and in various other publications. Indeed Jasmine Guinness can be seen stood by a certain vintage Cadillac quoted as "The most stylish Irish wedding of the year"!
1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud from Royal Chauffeur Drive
3. 1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud from Royal Chauffeur Drive -The graceful lines of the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1, together with its impressive hand made Rolls Royce Silver front grill, combine to make this a most elegant car. It is silver in colour with wine leather upholstery, wine carpet and walnut detail throughout.
4. 1948 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith Sedenca de Ville from Cassidy Chauffeur Drive -The Sedanca De Ville is black and ivory and is slightly darker in colour than the alternative 1950 Rolls Royce. It is also a bigger car, so is an ideal limousine model for brides with fuller dresses or longer veils (very important!). This car also boasts maroon wheels with white wall tyres which are extremely eye catching.
Silver Mercedes S Class from Emerald Chauffeur Drive
5. Mercedes S Class from Emerald Chauffeur Drive - The Mercedes S Class is considered the flagship of the Mercedes fleet. All models at Emerald Chauffeur Drive are the Long Wheel Base Model which provides an additional 10 inches space to what is already ample rear legroom. The Mercedes S Class is the classic contemporary option for wedding transport.
6. Lincoln Town Royale Stretch Limos from Kinsale Limos -The latest addition to the fleet at Kinsale Limos is the top of the range Lincoln Town Car Royale 100. This is an American Style Stretch Limousine which is silver in colour and includes a grey leather interior, a bar, DVD and tinted windows.
7. Maserati Quattroporte from All Events Limousines - The Quattroporte is the finest combination of luxury and performance that Maserati have ever produced. This black, spacious and chic sports saloon has real presence with both power and elegance and is unique to All Events Limousines. Getaway Wedding Cars also provides a silver version of the Quattroporte.
The Vintage Bus from Dualway Weddings
9. The Vintage Bus from Dualway Weddings -The Red Vintage Wedding Bus is the ultimate form of carriage for transporting bridal parties in style. No expense has been spared in the renovation of this iconic symbol of a generation inspired by ‘peace and love’ and who can ask for more than peace and love on their wedding day! Our retro 1960’s Vintage Bus comes complete with red plaid seats, vibrant yellow ceilings and quirky advertising from the swinging sixties. The Vintage Bus is guaranteed to make a big impression on your big day. Seats 64-72.
10. Delorean –Unfortunately the Delorean is not a legal car to hire out for your wedding day, as it is a two-door vehicle and therefore has no PSV insurance, but we are very aware of the demand for this Back to the Future famed option. Very much a novelty ride, this car is definitely one that the groom will attempt to buy after the journey. Although it is of course a fun and interesting mode of transport, a lack of insurance, and therefore a lack of paperwork, a guarantee in case it doesn't turn up, or of the car's interior looking like it hasn't been cleaned since 1955, we have to say it's just not worth the stress on the most important day of your life! Also, you want to be the object of hubby's affections for the day, not a flux-capacitor-carrying machine. We're torn -yes for novelty, no for peace of mind.
Tips on Wedding Transport Suppliers -by Emerald Chauffeur Drive
When selecting your wedding car supplier there are some important guidelines to follow;
- Is the company I'm booking from really a chauffeur or limousine company?
- Has the company a business address (not residence) where I can view the vehicles?
- Are the vehicles limousine licensed (silver badge on windscreen) and insured?
- Is the person taking the calls articulate and professional? Do I want this person hosting my wedding car?