Bride and Groom: Sabrina Travosi and Thomas Byrne
Length of engagement: Three years
Wedding date: October 8, 2011
Wedding: Ceremony in St. Patrick’s Church, Corracrin, Co. Monaghan | Reception: Castle Leslie
Photographer: Carol Ryan
This harvest themed big day, complete with golds, yellows, pumpkins, wheat, leaves and one very beautiful couple, is a wedding that will never be forgotten! Sabrina and Thomas chose the beautiful Castle Leslie as their wedding venue for the simple reason – they wanted to marry in a castle! Sabrina chose an amazing A-line Vera Wang gown, accompanied by Jimmy Choos, her bridesmaids were equally as elegant in classic black dresses, with yellow flowers to brighten the look.
We met… While we were on holidays in Cuba in 2004.
First impressions of Thomas… He was a bit wild but very kind and had the best smile ever!
Thomas’ first impressions of you… Very attractive, had a wonderful smile and was fun and bubbly.
Our proposal… We were in Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria on the last night of our holidays and Thomas just pulled the ring from his back pocket. I was so surprised, was really not expecting it!
My dress… It was an A line Vera Wang, cream coloured with organza and lace with a small row of fabric flowers under the bust line.
Our favourite part of the wedding… Sabrina: At dinner, Thomas’ speech was very heartfelt and sweet – I loved it.Thomas: When I saw Sabrina for the first time in the church. I struggled not to get emotional.
Our ceremony… Simple, a bit all over the place but relaxed.
Our wedding theme/ colours… We had a gold and yellow harvest themed day with wheat, leaves and pumpkins as décor. It was beautiful! We were inspired by the time of year, I just love autumn and all of the harvest colours.
Our venue… I wanted to get married in a castle (we don’t have very many in Canada) and Thomas just loved the location of Castle Leslie, the castle itself and all the history. We both thought the venue was gorgeous and they accommodated our numbers perfectly too!
Our favourite wedding picture… The photo of Thomas and I on the lake and the photo of Thomas and I walking down the garden steps to the lake – you can really see my Jimmy Choo shoes!
Our first dance song… Harvest Moon by Neil Young
Our bridesmaids/ groomsmen… Our Maid of Honour was Erin Cahalane and bridesmaids were Flo O’Brien, Laura Travosi and Joanne Byrne. Our Best Man was Anthony Lynch, and Johnny Byrne, Stephen Byrne and Aaron Byrne were our groomsmen.
My advice for other brides… Book things early, and relax on the day. There is nothing more you can do when it arrives, so enjoy the day completely, it goes by so fast.
- Photography: Carol Ryan Photography
- Videographer: Wedding Films Ireland
- Dress: Vera Wang
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo (bride) Paul Smith (groom)
- Suit: Rented from the Mooreland’s
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Coast
- Flowers: Dessie Clement – Florist for Castle Leslie
- Music: Church - Mary Flynn & Mary O’Donnell. Reception – The Best Men
- Cake: Paula Gowan
- Make-up: Victorian Treatment Rooms (Castle Leslie)
- Hair: Bride – Sister, Laura Travosi, Cameo for bridal party
- Stationary: TinyPrints.com
Latest posts by Karen (see all)
- Wedding Trend 2014: 12 Pretty Peplum Style Wedding Dresses - December 3, 2013
- A Wedding at Home – Marquee Party in Dublin by Fiona Morgan - December 2, 2013
- Top Wedding Venues in Wicklow, Ireland – Cosy Country Houses, Eclectic Estates and Luxurious Hotels. - November 29, 2013