10 days Waiting time for ERCP??? (D&C)

Go to TTC

Alex13
New Wolly

10 days Waiting time for ERCP??? (D&C)

Postby Alex13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi all.

At our routine 12 week scan yesterday Monday we found out that we have had a missed miscarriage, our baby is only measuring 8 weeks and there is no heartbeat. We are sure of our dates. Naturally we are devastated.

At the peri-natal unit where we had our scan we were told that the EPU would be in contact to arrange an ERCP for this Thursday.

When the EPU rang today they said it was scheduled for Thursday week 26th July? I barely know how I can fill the time until this Thursday, surely I cant be left in this situation for 10 days after finding out? Can anyone who has been in this situation let me know how in hell you are meant to function normally whilst waiting? For 10 days?

Thanks.

mamabrod
Princess Wolly

Re: 10 days Waiting time for ERCP??? (D&C)

Postby mamabrod » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:46 pm

I dont know anything about waiting times for ERCP but just wanted to say I am really sorry to hear that.... :action31

Maybe get your gp to call for an earlier appointment if they wont bring it forward xxx

Alex13
New Wolly

Postby Alex13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks Mamabrod, I appreciate the reply.

Its such a hard time, and I just want it to be over.

toureg
Mini Wolly

Postby toureg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Hya Alex13.
Im really sorry for what you are going through at the moment. :xxx
I started to bleed at 11+4 so it wasnt a missed mc, i did need to have the ERCP though and was waiting for 3 days for it. I havent a clue how they want you to wait (is it so that they see if you spontaneously bleed and mc yourself without having the need for the procedure??)
Massive hugs to you cause its a horrible horrible time.
Hope you will be ok and that things work out for you.
:xxx

dilin o damhsa
Princess Wolly

Postby dilin o damhsa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:00 pm

I am so so sorry for your loss.
I had a MMC which was discovered at 8+4, we had to wait 10days for a follow up scan and D&C would have been scheduled 5 days later, fortunately I started bleeding just before the second scan and they squeezed me in for a D&C 13 days after the first scan. It was a really hard time and my heart goes out to you to have to go through it.
As far as I know they insist on waiting a while just invade your dates were out and they made a mistake. I would press them to schedule you earlier if they can.
Do try and take this time to say your goodbyes and know that your baby knew only love while it was with you.

Alex13
New Wolly

Postby Alex13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for both the replies girls.

Thankfully they have now agreed to schedule the procedure for this Thursday. I dont know how I would have coped if they didnt, Dilin O Damhsa you must have great strength of mind to be able to cope with waiting that long.

I'm so sorry for both of your losses and wishing you health and happiness for this new baby Dilin O Damhsa.

This baby was indeed loved and wanted, and sang to and talked to and prayed for every day. My husband is being just brilliant to me since we found out, I'm sure our baby will be looking down and realising the fab daddy hes gonna miss out on living with.

Konrad Kubic Photo
toureg
Mini Wolly

Postby toureg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Oh Alex my heart breaks for you. It just brings me back so much to when it happened us and like you we just loved and still love our little one so so much.
Take some time out after this before you dive into ttc again, i will be thinking of you lots and lots on Thursday and will say a prayer all goes well for you.
Keep strong, in time you will have another BFP and please god things will go so so much better for you then. :xxx

dilin o damhsa
Princess Wolly

Postby dilin o damhsa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm so glad that they could schedule you earlier. Do try and take tomorrow to say your goodbyes, although your baby has stopped growing you will feel very empty after the Erpc. We're not very religious but we lit a candle together and found it very soothing.
Afterwards I was very sad that I had not rubbed my tummy more or spoken/sung to our baby more. You did all that and your baby would have had amazing patents, both of you.
The urge is often to get pregnant straight away again but it's really a personal choice. We were lucky enough to get pregnant 10 weeks later but it does make another pregnancy nerve wracking, unfortunately you lose the innocence you had at first.
There are a number of threads on here, coping with miscarriage, ttc after miscarriage and pregnancy after miscarriage that I have found really helpful, the support of Wollies made a huge difference to me and hope I coped.
Take care of yourself and all 3 of you will be in my prayers.

Luka
Wolly Addict

Postby Luka » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Alex, I'm so sorry.

I had 2 d&c's myself. Both were 2 to 3 days after we realised the heartbeats were stopped. I had seen heartbeats at early scans on both & then gone. I know exactly how you feel. :action32

Glad to see the D&C is this thursday, 10 days is unusually long to have to wait after a missed miscarriage is confirmed. I had a temperature on my second missed mc so they wanted to do it that day we found out but they were busy as it was a fri so it was monday instead. That was one long weekend :o(

Take care of yourself & don't let anyone tell you to move on etc. take your time. If you have any questions PM me :action32
Angel Baby Dec 3rd, 2008, 8 weeks.(heartbeat seen & heard)
Angel Baby April 17th, 2009, 10 weeks.(heartbeat seen & heard)

Looking after each other, Mammy & Daddy love & miss you always xx

DS Born May 1st, 2011.
DD Born February 26th, 2014.

MrsPositive
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsPositive » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm

so sorry to hear what you're going through, I hope everything goes ok for you thursday and glad you dont have to wait any longer than that. x :action31

Next

Go to TTC

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T