Delaying Period - Primolut Norethisterone

Go to Health & Fitness

bluebellkk
New Wolly

Delaying Period - Primolut Norethisterone

Postby bluebellkk » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Powerscourt House & Gardens
Has anybody any experience of taking Primolut and the possible side effects?

I have been prescribed it by my doctor to delay my period - I'm due on my wedding day :(

I was on the pill until 3 months ago but I had to stop it because of crippling headaches.

My doctor says I'd be very unlucky to experience any major side effects on Primolut 5mg.

Has anybody been on this and if so how were you?

I'm in two minds about what to do, have my period on the day of my wedding or take this and not really know if I'll be ok.

Any feedback?

imyours
Mini Wolly

Re: Delaying Period - Primolut Norethisterone

Postby imyours » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:14 am

I have taken this for the last 3 months and have no side effects at all. You will be safe enough :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

wobblybits
New Wolly

Postby wobblybits » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:50 pm

I have taken this a few times in the past and haven't noticed any side effects. You will get a period when you stop taking it, as you probably already know. If it was me, I'd take it!

ohsotired
Ultimate Wolly

Postby ohsotired » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm due my period on our wedding day too but I'm hoping with all the running around etc it will be late anyway. I was thinking about taking this pill but I was talking to a friend of mine who felt sick and dizzy when she was taking it so I've decided to take my chances! I'm taking evening primose oil every day so at least if I do get it hopefully I won't feel too bad with it!

Munchk
New Wolly

Postby Munchk » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Just wanted to Bump this up to see what peoples experience are of this??

I worked out my dates and worked out my period should come the week before my wedding, but now i'm a couple of days late and worried that I could end up having my period on my wedding day which i really don't want to have to deal with!

Just wondering how this worked out for others??? Also, i'm kinda hoping for a Honeymoon baby!! so don't want to mess things up for conceiving either!
[/url]

Momof2
Mums & Kids Best Birth Story 2011

Postby Momof2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 pm

If you're hoping to conceive I would AVOID!! I took this as I was due my period on my wedding day/honeymoonand it took over 6mths for my cycle to regulate properly again. Just my experience and I know lots of people use it but I wouldn't recommend it.
DS 2007
DD 2011

Weight lost 45lbs.. 76lbs to go!!

Fleeting Moments Photog
realta
Princess Wolly

Postby realta » Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm

just bumping this up to see if anyone has any more to add.

i'm due around the week leading up to and including the wedding, but knowing my luck it could be late and arrive on the day

i'm thinking of taking these tablets before af in june to delay it until the beginning of july so that my cycle changes.
[/url]

Sassypants
Supreme Wolly

Postby Sassypants » Tue May 17, 2011 7:59 pm

I started a thread on this recently - due on the day of my wedding and obviously hugely unimpressed! I went to our family planning clinic a few weeks ago and I got a prescription for 2 weeks. So the day before my period was due in May I began to take it. Worked fine, had no spotting and all was well. I was a little emotional that week but that's because I was massively hungover and then my dog of 15 years died (a cabbage would have cried!) but all went well.

So I'm going to take the 2nd week of it from the day before the wedding and not have a period and be happy!

Definitely do a trial before the real thing, the same as your hair and make up.

ohsotired
Ultimate Wolly

Postby ohsotired » Wed May 18, 2011 9:36 am

Well my wishful thinking was just that - I ended up having my period on our wedding day. To be honest though it didn't cause me any problems or issues and I didn't notice it being there!

Go to Health & Fitness

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T