do lollipop ladies get paid?

fantac
Supreme Wolly

do lollipop ladies get paid?

Postby fantac » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Abbey Hotel Roscommon
just passed a schoolful of kiddies all saying "thankyou mary" to the lollipop lady - and it got me wondering?

gone elsewhere
Wolly Addict

Postby gone elsewhere » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Yes, they're paid by the council.
Pretty much minimum wage though and they're not paid when the schools are off.

My neighbour's been doing lollipop for years, she's great. Almost been killed too many times by ant-eater drivers who don't like stopping, though.

Mrs Summer
~WOL-Queen~

Postby Mrs Summer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Yes, as far as I know its by the council, My uncle used to do it before he died.

nelly
Wolly Addict

Re: do lollipop ladies get paid?

Postby nelly » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:just passed a schoolful of kiddies all saying "thankyou mary" to the lollipop lady - and it got me wondering?
great to hear the manners from this generation who, lets face it get lambasted for being spoiled brats compared to previous generations.

We have a lovely lolly pop lady in the village - the day the lights were out she had a new close shaves i can tell you!

fantac
Supreme Wolly

Postby fantac » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:48 pm

nelly wrote:
SnuggleMuffin wrote:just passed a schoolful of kiddies all saying "thankyou mary" to the lollipop lady - and it got me wondering?
great to hear the manners from this generation who, lets face it get lambasted for being spoiled brats compared to previous generations.

We have a lovely lolly pop lady in the village - the day the lights were out she had a new close shaves i can tell you!

it was lovely to hear - i was stopped for about 30 kids and every single one of them thanked her.

she
Empress Wolly

Postby she » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 pm

We've a lollipop man, his name is Jackie. All the kids love him and he's very nice.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Peter Rowen
AnthonyHutton
Woloholic

Postby AnthonyHutton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm

do they get paid in lollypops?

she
Empress Wolly

Postby she » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 pm

AnthonyHutton wrote:do they get paid in lollypops?

Ye of course Anto, only the good one, mind ya......

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Milis in disguise
Major Wolly

Postby Milis in disguise » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:44 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:
nelly wrote:

it was lovely to hear - i was stopped for about 30 kids and every single one of them thanked her.

The spoilt brats probably got into their SUV's and didn't have to cross the road :o0

fantac
Supreme Wolly

Postby fantac » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 am

justforttc wrote:
SnuggleMuffin wrote:
nelly wrote:

The spoilt brats probably got into their SUV's and didn't have to cross the road :o0

lol - well it was in greystones darling!!

Next

Return to Off Topic

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T