Exclusively breastfed babies and sleeping through..

Go to Mums & Kids

Bunnybun
Major Wolly

Exclusively breastfed babies and sleeping through..

Postby Bunnybun » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:24 am

How long before yours did? My guy is 3 months and I am up with him once between going down at 11 and waking sometime between 6 and 7. Not too bad I know but can't wait until he goes through!!

ructions
Woloholic

Re: Exclusively breastfed babies and sleeping through..

Postby ructions » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:15 am

Last edited by ructions on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowbear
Woloholic

Postby snowbear » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:32 am

Yours sounds great! My 9 month old who is fully weaned was awake every 3 hours last night. Am shattered. Teeth, heat or the phase of the moon, I dunno :(

mrspatpat
Mini Wolly

Postby mrspatpat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am

I know its bad but I'm glad that I'm not the only one.....I met up with a lady yesterday who has a 4 month old who she is trying to get to sleep through the night, she wakes up once a night at the minute. In the time I was there her little one went for two naps upstairs. My 3 month old fights daytime naps, and will only fall asleep after breastfeeding and will wake if I try to put her down. Last night I she woke 4 times for feeds in an 8 hour period....today I am feeling so inadequateand and tired. Did I mention tired?

fushia
Mini Wolly

Postby fushia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 pm

my LO is 13 weeks and also has same pattern, feed at 8ish, again at 11ish and wakes once again in night before morning feed between 6.30-7,30. DD1 was BF for 4 weeks only then on formula and slept thru at 13 weeks but I aint expecting that with DD2. PHN said yday not to expect her to sleep thru the night for a while yet either :-8 but then again you hear plenty BF babies that do so fingers crossed :wv

Twirler
Wolly Addict

Postby Twirler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Mine slept through (7 hours) at 7 weeks when she was exclusively breastfed. I started moving to formula shortly after that and she was fully on formula at 3 months. By then she was sleeping about 10-11 hours a night. It does get easier, mine was a disaster for ages and then it just seemed to click.

Waterside Hotel
Bunnybun
Major Wolly

Postby Bunnybun » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for responses girls! Hopefully our day will come soon.

BusyBee2013
New Wolly

Postby BusyBee2013 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 am

Bunnybun, sleeping through the night is actually anything 5 hours plus, so your lo is actually sleeping through the night!! :o)ll
That's totally normal because in reality even us adults don't sleep for 12 hour stretches without waking up to pee.

What I will forewarn you about is the 4 month sleep regression. My lo slept great from 2 to 4 months and then the 4 month sleep regression arrived and that was the end of that for a long time.
A lot of people would get it confused with the need for starting solids, but in reality, a lot of the time it's to do with them developing and their little tiny minds being too active to sleep.

Delphinium
Woloholic

Postby Delphinium » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 am

STTN is defined as sleeping for a 5 hour stretch and when you're used to being woken every 3 hours or so it certainly counts! Our DS didn't sleep a full night til he was 7 months and was weaned off the boob at 4 months. A friend's son slept through from 3 or 4 weeks and he was BF. So they are all different.

MrsMommy
Royal Wolly

Postby MrsMommy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am

My LO slept through from 3 months or so (we had been down to just one feed around the two month mark).

However he started to wake again a few times a night around the four month mark, he seemed to have had sleep regression at this time. It wasn't hunger that was waking him. We ploughed on through and he went back to sleeping through.

Every baby is different BF or not. For me personally I think routine is the key rather than the method of feeding.

Next

Go to Mums & Kids

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T