Getting Married in Borgo di Tragliata

Go to Weddings Abroad

eimearon123
New Wolly

Getting Married in Borgo di Tragliata

Postby eimearon123 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi All,

New to this so bear with me!! I've read the previous thread on Tragliata and I've fallen in love with the place! Really want to try make a decision on whether to book here for our wedding next May and would really really appreciate it if anyone who has had their wedding here or has booked here could give me tips and advice on the cost of getting married here? Can't wait to get your reply's and thanks in advance!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

eimearon123
New Wolly

Re: Getting Married in Borgo di Tragliata

Postby eimearon123 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I just want to expand a little more on details. My wedding is booked for Ireland but I'm having serious second thoughts! I want to try make a decision on whether to go for Italy or Ireland. I'm really excited at the thoughts of getting married in Italy. Its more my style. Small, informal, intimate and relaxing. Everything the Irish wedding is not, in my opinion. I don't like being the centre of attention at all! I just don't know how to budget for geting married abroad. There will definitely be a smaller crowd for starters so I can make a saving there? I'm a bit all over the place at the moment and don't know which direction to go in. I want to make the decision before we start mentioning it to people too, need to decide soon though as I'll need to let guests know so they can save for it!! Help!!!

mgc11
Mini Wolly

Postby mgc11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Everything is about the same as home. Only instead of 300 guests I only have 40, so that's how you make savings, however on the other hand the reception meal is more expensive, 130 per head but that's 9 courses wine and wedding cake, but think the avg for Italy is about 80-100 euro per head.

You also have your honeymoon covered in the cost. So all in all cheaper but not by much, but IMHO far mor intimate, better food, weather and only the people who matter to you most at it.
[/url]

eimearon123
New Wolly

Postby eimearon123 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks Mgc,

Thats really good budgeting advice, I was thinking i'd save a bit more but there are always other ways to cut back too. I'm strongly considering cutting back on my bridesmaids and groomsmen. Instead of the intended 5 we're going to explain to them and cut back to 1! Another big saving! Thats definitely true about your honeymoon too, we're thinking we might hire a car and travel as much as Italy as we can two weeks following our wedding - all going well. Has anyone else done that? Has anyone else cut down on the amount of courses that are served for the wedding meal? does it help towards the cost a bit?

caz1301
Mini Wolly

Postby caz1301 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 am

I just got married in Borgo Di Tragliata on 01st May 2012

I heard first that weddings abroad can be just as expensive but i think thats up to how u do it
We had 50 guests ..BBQ night before ..sooooo much food on wedding day , drinks,cake ..the best photographer and the best band,best hair/make up artist ..fireworks ..the whole shebang !!!
and we would never have got a wedding over here for the price we paid ...
i bought bridesmaids dresses on sale , artificial flowers , and all my decor was either ebay or on sale ..all of these decor things i paid over the year with my wages so didnt hit the 'wedding money' until we got to italy

The only problem i think with weddings abroad is the people that cant make it ...its upsetting but what can u do

If its relaxed you want , im sorry but you will not find any better place than here
All our guests couldnt believe how relaxing it was and its such a beautiful place
Plus i thought i would be a nervous wreak on my wedding day (stress head :weep ) ..but the whole thing was just so calm and romantic
My husband ( :-8 woohoooo) ..and i keep saying we miss it so much over there, cant believe the wedding is over , and how happy we were that we found borgo

ANy questions just ask
xxxx
[/url]

mintyted
New Wolly

Postby mintyted » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:50 pm

caz1301 wrote:I just got married in Borgo Di Tragliata on 01st May 2012

..and all my decor was either ebay or on sale ..all of these decor things i paid over the year with my wages so didnt hit the 'wedding money' until we got to italy

Hi caz1301 - just spotted your post and was wondering about the decor and how you managed it? Does Steve have a certain amount of wedding decor or did you organise it all? Also how did you get it over there? :) And did you have to set it up or did the guys in Borgo do it?
Thanks

Melos Music
eimearon123
New Wolly

Postby eimearon123 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks Caz1301,

Congratulations on getting married!! Its so great to hear the feedback and to hear your day was amazing!

We're hoping to have around 40/50 people at our wedding too! Do you mind me asking who you chose for your band, photographer & hair/make up? Sounds like you were mighty impressed with them all!! I'm at this stage now, i've emailed a few of them this morning and waiting to hear back from them! Did you have an open bar at the bbq and after the meal on your wedding day? Fireworks? WOW would love to do that, do you mind telling me how much they cost? Sorry for the loads of questions ha ha!!

I'm after getting a few people telling me they can't attend already and it is really disapointing but I think the people who mean the most to us will do their utmost to get there, fingers crossed!!

Mintyted,

I read on other posts that you can post out some of your decorations to Steve and he will keep the package there for you!! I'm considering Paper Pom Pom's as a decoration? I saw them on etsy.com but found a website that explains how to make them yourself, not expensive and effective, i'll let you know how I get on at making them ha ha!! There also lightweight so handy for posting. I read another post from a girl who got married out there and she said she left 8/10 lanterns out there, so we could ask Steve are they still out there? What date are you getting married?

romanbride2012
New Wolly

Postby romanbride2012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey girls,

Woop Woop how exciting, I'm having the fireworks too sur we're only gonna do it once, might as well go mad would never be able to afford it here: I can't beleive it's only 3 months away, so the best bit. There's a big storage cubbord over there with LOADS of stuff, Steve has 10 lanterns put to one side for me and I'm gonna have a proper root around when I go over in August before I buy anything. When ye getting married

Woop Woop :o)ll O-O xx

eimearon123
New Wolly

Postby eimearon123 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:56 am

Whoo hoo thats great news can't wait to check it out myself! What date in August are you going over Romanbride?

Just wondering has anyone asked their own local priest over to Borgo to marry them? If so, how did it work out?

Thanks

mintyted
New Wolly

Postby mintyted » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks for all the feedback girls.
Have provisionally booked May next year but need to make trip out soon to meet Stephen and go through everything.. ahhhhhhhh :)

Next

Go to Weddings Abroad

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T