Maxi Cosi V's BeSafe

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Poppyseed
Mini Wolly

Maxi Cosi V's BeSafe

Postby Poppyseed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi girls,

Would love to hear opinions on these two brands of car seats. I always thought that Maxi Cosi were the best but we visited a shop today and they were saying that the BeSafe is indeed safer as it has a 5 point harness and is the back is deeper so there is more protection around that baby. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

GigglingMonkey
Mini Wolly

banana's....

Re: Maxi Cosi V's BeSafe

Postby GigglingMonkey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

We went with Maxi Cosi this week for a few reasons.....

1) The base for the Maxi Cosi can be practically fitted into any car. My car and in laws car only have seat belts and no isofix.
2) as far as I know when you change car seats later on when dd/ds get older you have to get a new base which is more money
3) friends have maxi cosi's so it's easy if we're ever minding or bringing kids out.

The Besafe looked like a "snug" fit.....but up until last year the Maxi Cosi was the best you can get. There's one shop in Dublin that are the main supplier for Besafe and they do gently push you towards Besafe. Both brands are very good and can't go wrong with either of them. Buy whatever suits you and your needs.

belcra
Royal Wolly

Postby belcra » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:08 pm

We went with the maxicosi as it's the only one our travel system takes and as OP says it was the best until last year so I'm still happy with it.

Poppyseed
Mini Wolly

Postby Poppyseed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 pm

I wonder if it was the same shop Giggling Monkey - they were really pushing the BeSafe! I prefer the look of the Maxi Cosi if I'm honest, I hate the canopy on the BeSafe. I've asked my hubby to research the safety aspect of these. My head was melted after we left the shop.

I think we have decided on the UppaBaby Vista as our travel system so at least we sorted something today! :o)ll

Thanks girls!

GigglingMonkey
Mini Wolly

banana's....

Postby GigglingMonkey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Poppyseed wrote:I wonder if it was the same shop Giggling Monkey - they were really pushing the BeSafe! I prefer the look of the Maxi Cosi if I'm honest, I hate the canopy on the BeSafe. I've asked my hubby to research the safety aspect of these. My head was melted after we left the shop.

I think we have decided on the UppaBaby Vista as our travel system so at least we sorted something today! :o)ll

Thanks girls!

Snap! We ordered the Uppababy Vista too!

I'd say there's very little in the difference safety wise between them both.....and maxi cosi is very very popular cause they are good and reliable.

DM09
Mini Wolly

Postby DM09 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Bought the BeSafe. Find it nice and secure for baby but she is already getting a bit big for it and she is only 7 months old and is only a small bit bigger than average.

The two times she was in my parents car, I used the seat beat around the seat as they dont have isofix and you cannot use the seat belt to secure the base.

Sweetheart Gowns
Poppyseed
Mini Wolly

Postby Poppyseed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks Giggling! I love the vista! It was between that and the Bugaboo Sahara but I love the practicality of the uppa. What colour did you go for? We haven't ordered ours - I'm tempted to wait until the pregnancy & baby fair to see if there are deals on it but I'm afraid that April will be too late for ordering. We are going for the new Taylor colour! I love it!!! I really liked the Icandy too though! It was a really tough choice.

My husband read the 'which report' regarding the car seats and both are the same - reckon we will def go with the Maxi Cosi pebble! I'm so excited! :o)ll

daisy2012
Major Wolly

Postby daisy2012 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

We went to a few different shops and all said the besafe and maxi cosi were pretty much similar in terms of safety - besafe slightly better on testing. We went with bsafe as I liked the shape of it better - more snug and better postural support for the baby, but thats just my opinion!

far as I know, both fit on the isofix (ie. easyfix, easybase) bases, not sure about the familyfix base for when you need the next stage car seat.

Poopyseed and giggling, good choice on the uppababy vista! I love that travel system, the carrycot is gorgeous - we went with the uppababy cruz, smaller version!

pegan
New Wolly

Postby pegan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm

hi girls
Can i ask a quick question?
Im in the process of buying a travel system etc
Could you tell me where you viewed and bought your uppababy vista travel system? and how much did it come to in total ?
I'm in the dublin area
Thanks in advance for your help

MrsPositive
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsPositive » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:17 pm

hi poppyseed, I think I know where you went in cork to look at this maxi cosi vs besafe, we went there too and they were quite aggressivley pushing for the besafe, I think it looks horrible and more like a motor bike helmet, they kept repeating, but its for your babys safety, its very important, you can go for maxi cosi but its not as safe,

I was raging, came away and found out a week later they have the distribution of besafe in the south and thats the reason for all the pushing of it, not very nice making mothers to be feel guilty,

for others asking about uppababy think my sisters came to 950 or something maybe less and she got hers in tralee nursery supplies they distribute nationwide and are very good value, best around we purchased from them.

thanks

Next

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T