My dog keeps peeing on my curtains!!

Pets, Animal Issues...

Go to WOL Furry Friends

Newme2013
Major Wolly

My dog keeps peeing on my curtains!!

Postby Newme2013 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Looking for some advice if anyone has had experience with this. I have two beautiful dogs and they are our babies, we have them spoilt rotten. They are both house-trained and are very good except that the male dog keeps peeing on my floor length curtains. I think this is a territorial thing rather than a house-training thing, he always does it when we are not there - i.e. if we pop out of the room or whatever so it is difficult to "punish" him as he won't know what he's done wrong.

Any advise greatly appreciated.
[size=85]Image

happyfamily
Empress Wolly

Re: My dog keeps peeing on my curtains!!

Postby happyfamily » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:14 pm

As long as the scent of dog pee is on your curtains they'll keep going there. You need to wash them and spray them with a pet-odour remover to totally eliminate the scent to break the cycle. I also tied our curtains up in a big knot for a few weeks to keep them out of reach to healp break the habit. Good luck!
]

SandyClaws
Empress Wolly

Postby SandyClaws » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Erm no advice but we have bedwetters here.. I don't know how many duvets I've bought.. Think it's a nervous thing.. First happened night before we went on hold, think doggie sensed something was going on... Happened a few times, usually they sneak into the room if one of us has left the kitchen door open.. Last time was When I was getting the spare room ready for me to sleep in.. Have you tried that spray that's meant to put them off weeing there??
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Baby #1 due September 2011 mummy and daddy can't wait to meet Baby Claws xx

Newme2013
Major Wolly

Postby Newme2013 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks for the advise, have washed them good few times at this stage and try to not let him into the room unless we're with him but he always seems to find an opportunity! Have not tried a spray (other than normal febreeze), will def try hanging them up for a few weeks and see if that works.

Thanks again
[size=85]Image

Newme2013
Major Wolly

Postby Newme2013 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks PGDT, am bringing them to the VET for grooming this week so will look for some of that spray. Fingers crossed!
[size=85]Image

MrsBraxton
Supreme Wolly

Postby MrsBraxton » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:39 pm

WAs watching 'Its me or the dog' while ago and one of the dogs had issue with peeing on anything which was left down, bags, clothes etc. In it she waited upstairs where she could see the dog but he couldn't see her and as soon as he went to pee she made a noise to distract him.

This site has same idea and some more things to try

http://www.dogchatforum.com/dog-marking-inside.htm

What is it with dogs and curtains? Ours doesn't pee on them but bites them so now have to tie them up! Something we need to work on him with.

K Club
Newme2013
Major Wolly

Postby Newme2013 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks, some interesting reading there.
[size=85]Image

Sprocket
Wolly Addict

Postby Sprocket » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Maybe move his food to there for a bit. Dogs wont go to the loo where they eat, so that might help.

SilverGirl
Wolly Addict

Postby SilverGirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:28 pm

PrincessGoatTheDote wrote:Erm no advice but we have bedwetters here.. I don't know how many duvets I've bought.. Think it's a nervous thing.. First happened night before we went on hold, think doggie sensed something was going on... Happened a few times, usually they sneak into the room if one of us has left the kitchen door open.. Last time was When I was getting the spare room ready for me to sleep in.. Have you tried that spray that's meant to put them off weeing there??

My dog does the same thing .. but she even pee's on my bed when I'm in the room and looking at her!

SandyClaws
Empress Wolly

Postby SandyClaws » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Have you been able to do anything to put the dog off it?? I'd much prefer if they needed to go that badly that they'd do it on the floor.. So annoying... I just make sure now they're let out enough, the younger one seems to have a weaker bladder she ALWAYS needs a wee!!!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Baby #1 due September 2011 mummy and daddy can't wait to meet Baby Claws xx

Next

Go to WOL Furry Friends

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T