Natural remedies for a chest infection?

Go to Off Topic

blondiechick
Wolly Addict

Natural remedies for a chest infection?

Postby blondiechick » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 am

Apologies in advance.....
Does coughing up green ikky stuff automatically mean a trip to the GP and a week's worth of antibiotics?
Or is there any way of curing a chest infection (assuming that's what I have) au naturale?
My temperature is up a bit and I feel generally quite horrible.
Thanks as always ladies :thnk

StupidSexyFlanders
Best Username 2011

Re: Natural remedies for a chest infection?

Postby StupidSexyFlanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 am

You could try an Ivy & Thyme complex http://www.evergreen.ie/a--vogel-ivythy ... 162pd.aspx but if there is a lot of icky green stuff I'd say an infection might have taken hold and would probably require an antibiotic.

blondiechick
Wolly Addict

Postby blondiechick » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

StupidSexyFlanders wrote:You could try an Ivy & Thyme complex http://www.evergreen.ie/a--vogel-ivythy ... 162pd.aspx but if there is a lot of icky green stuff I'd say an infection might have taken hold and would probably require an antibiotic.

Thanks. Hmmm yes, there is a lot of green icky stuff so I might have to go to the doc. Another 50 quid plus the cost of antibiotics down the swanny....... :o(

Daisy Row
Empress Wolly

Postby Daisy Row » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 am

I try to avoid antibiotics at all cost and if I feel my chest is sore and there is ikky stuff when I cough I am straight onto the Exputex and paracetomol. It might be too late for this (and I know it's not natural) but could be worth a try.

paperclips
Empress Wolly

Postby paperclips » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:56 am

Root Ginger - opens air passage to lungs, boosts immune system, acts as an antioxidant too. I cut up little bits and nibble on it or else pop it into hot water. Drink plenty of liquids too.

kitty092011
Mini Wolly

Postby kitty092011 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 pm

It might be worth a visit to the doctor if you have a temperature but as someone who suffers all the time from chest infections bee propolis is great. You can get it in cough bottle form or lozenge form both are great. Plus try steaming yourself with some salt in the boiling water at night it helps get all the yucky stuff up. This was always a problem for me so my respiratory nurse recommended a device called a flutter device its really a life saver.

Mind yourself and consider a trip to the doc if only to get it checked not necessarily for anitbiotics which by the way as an asthma sufferer my resp nurse has said is no good for me when I get a chest infection.

Westgrove
PaniniRoses
Empress Wolly

Postby PaniniRoses » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 pm

You could try a trip to the pharmacist. I have started going to the chemist as a first port of call these days - they are really good and will offer you any over the counter solutions they can but will refer you on to the gp if need be. And they are free! When I was pregnant I was getting the signs of a chest infection and was trying to avoid antibiotics so I headed straight for exputex. It cleared it brilliantly, but if you're already coughing up green stuff you might need something stronger. I'm feeling the start of a sinus and/or throat infection so I'm downing lemon and manuka honey like there's no tomorrow. Not the nicest thing you'll ever drink (and definitely improved by a bit of whisky!) but I'm hoping it'll work...
My gorgeous girl, June 2010
My handsome boy, July 2012

Roxanne
Empress Wolly

Postby Roxanne » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Sulphur. I swear by it. I have asthma and when I get a chest infection it can linger for weeks and weeks, even after a course of antibiotics. Sulphur tablets from the chemist or a health food store will break up the congestion and get the infection moving. For me, it is the ONLY thing that will clear my chest.

Obviously I am not a doctor, and maybe a trip to your GP would be best - but I would highly recommend you take Sulphur in conjunction with whatever the doctor prescribes. I always have it in the house.

Get well soon :thnk .
We are all in the gutter... but some of us are looking at the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Go to Off Topic

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T