Old wives tales - boy or girl??

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Harley
New Wolly

Old wives tales - boy or girl??

Postby Harley » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi girls,
I'm just wondering if any of you know any old wives tales that guess if you're having a boy or girl. I wouldn't have much body hair at the best of times but my bump has a very light covering of blondey hair. I've heard that could mean a boy!

I thought it might be fun to see if you've heard any old wives tales that might help with the guessing game!

Augustmum
Major Wolly

Re: Old wives tales - boy or girl??

Postby Augustmum » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:27 pm

hey harley! Heard this one alright but not sure if it's true!.... Haven't a clue what I am having but DH is convienced its a boy but I'm not so sure.

Interesting to hear others taughts

silverlight
Major Wolly

Postby silverlight » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:54 pm

I did the wedding ring test on DS & it did tell me I was having a boy. Might be just a coincidence, but it worked! :o0

Think you have to be over 21 weeks (or whatever stage you're at that the gender of the baby is actually defined). :wv

Harley
New Wolly

Postby Harley » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 pm

I heard about the wedding ring one alright! can you use any ring and if it swings forward and back it's a boy and in a circle it's a boy?

We've our 21 week scan on Monday, I can't wait! The doc said we'd probably have to wait for 28wks to find out if it's a boy or girl. I don't mind either way if we find out or not but DH is mad to find out so we will. It'll be a total secret though!

pinkframe
Major Wolly

Postby pinkframe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I love reading down through this link, so far, the tally is in favour of a little boy for us!

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/n ... -folklore/

silverlight
Major Wolly

Postby silverlight » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Harley wrote:I heard about the wedding ring one alright! can you use any ring and if it swings forward and back it's a boy and in a circle it's a boy?

We've our 21 week scan on Monday, I can't wait! The doc said we'd probably have to wait for 28wks to find out if it's a boy or girl. I don't mind either way if we find out or not but DH is mad to find out so we will. It'll be a total secret though!

I used my wedding ring - I'm sure you can use any ring. If it swings back & forth, it's a boy & if it goes around in circles it's a girl.

I remember trying it on my sister (who wasn't pregnant) & the ring just stayed still - weird!

Steal their wedding style
Rubyrose
Mums & Kids Best Avatar 2011

Postby Rubyrose » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:07 am

silverlight wrote:I used my wedding ring - I'm sure you can use any ring. If it swings back & forth, it's a boy & if it goes around in circles it's a girl.

Think its the other way around:

The gender depends on the movement of the ring above the stomach. If you see the ring sway backwards and forwards in a straight line then that means the baby is a girl. If you see the ring moving in a circle then the bump-to-be is a boy.

http://www.baby-gender-predictor.net/ba ... -ring-test

silverlight
Major Wolly

Postby silverlight » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:22 am

Rubyrose wrote:
silverlight wrote:I used my wedding ring - I'm sure you can use any ring. If it swings back & forth, it's a boy & if it goes around in circles it's a girl.

The gender depends on the movement of the ring above the stomach. If you see the ring sway backwards and forwards in a straight line then that means the baby is a girl. If you see the ring moving in a circle then the bump-to-be is a boy.

Ha ha, well there goes that theory then! I'm almost sure it swung back & forth for me & I had a boy.
This site below says the opposite to what you posted:

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/nee ... ction.html

This an easy baby gender prediction method to try. Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy.

lolabelle
Empress Wolly

Postby lolabelle » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am

silverlight wrote:Think you have to be over 21 weeks (or whatever stage you're at that the gender of the baby is actually defined). :wv

Hi Silverlight - the gender of the baby is actually defined at the moment the sperm meets eggs. The sperm are either x (boy) or y (girl). So if you don't get the gender you want you can blame your hubby :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0

Rubyrose
Mums & Kids Best Avatar 2011

Postby Rubyrose » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 am

silverlight wrote:
Rubyrose wrote:

Thats mad....bang goes every theory then :o0 :o0
Ha ha, well there goes that theory then! I'm almost sure it swung back & forth for me & I had a boy.
This site below says the opposite to what you posted:

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/nee ... ction.html

This an easy baby gender prediction method to try. Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy.

Next

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T