ovulating early but long cycle?

Go to TTC

Mrs Blobby
Mini Wolly

ovulating early but long cycle?

Postby Mrs Blobby » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Is it possible to be ovulating early when you have a long cycle? I know its said 28 day cycle is around day 14 or if you count arount 14 days from when next period is due, but can you ovulate early on a long cycle?

Sassypants
Supreme Wolly

Re: ovulating early but long cycle?

Postby Sassypants » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I think yes. My cycles used to be 31 days (before baby, haven't really kept track since) and I think I ovulated around day 10 so instead of a 2 week wait, I had a 3 week wait!

Keep an eye on your cervical mucous (ewww, I know) and that will give you an idea of when you ovulate.

galwaygirl2010
Woloholic

Postby galwaygirl2010 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:01 am

Yes, you can ovulate early.

Counting back 14 days from when you period is due does not apply to most women as your luteul phase (between ovulation and AF) can be as short as 9 days or up to and past 17 days for women, but it does not change for an individual woman, i.e it only varies by 1 day or so each month, but generally stays the same.

If your cycles are consistant and you know your lp, then you can count backwards from AF to when you should ovulate.

The best way to track ovulation is using your cm, using opks and temping.

atina
Woloholic

Postby atina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:23 am

yep turns out i was! We had been focusing our attention to the wrong week altogether only realised when i started using CB digital ovulation sticks that i ovulated a lot earlier then i thought!

Go to TTC

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T