Sore between toes...

Go to Mums & Kids

Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Sore between toes...

Postby Jeidi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

My DS gets really red sore bits between his toes... and it can kind of smell a bit too and when its bad, they get all puddy tat.

I know! Its terrible god love him.

I use caldescene powder on them and in fairness it does work and dries it all up but lately, its not doing that good and its really bad now this morning.

Anyone any suggestions as to what else I can try? Would it be good to let him run around with no socks/shoes on as hie feet do get quite sweaty and I'm assuming this is whats causing it?

Thanks everyone!

P.S Totally changing the subject... Tesco has half prices sun creams this week.....if anyone is looking for some!
Check out our Personalised Christmas Decorations

www.facebook.com/decorationsbyme

theoracle
Most Helpful, Most Knowledgeable User 2011

Re: Sore between toes...

Postby theoracle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:12 pm

def good idea is to let them 'air' as much as poss. I would also just wash them every evening only with water and continue using the powder. If it is very sore looking and if its weeping it may be infected so it might be a good idea to ask a pharmacist for a mild cream to treat this.

Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Postby Jeidi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

LOVE the new name hahahah and profile pic!

Thanks for the info... I got him new startrite sandles the weekend so hopefully he'll get a chance to air his piggy toes and the weather holds up!

tweetykar
Mini Wolly

Postby tweetykar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Jeidi,
My DS gets this too but he also got it when he was younger (before walking!)
what seem to help him was wash them at least once a day but make sure you dry them off well & put sudocrem on them especially going to bed. with in a day or 2 they heel up. I also take off shoes and socks as much as possible. maybe try the skin healing cream for a change to see if it make any difference!

Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Postby Jeidi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Someone mentioned daktarin cream to me last night. Is this ok to use on toddlers?

babychino
Major Wolly

Postby babychino » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

Daktirin cream & powder are very good, check with pharmacist about the age to use it. I know my cousin was prescribed Daktacort for little one who is age 2, and they are a pretty similar product.

Service Finder
Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Postby Jeidi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Went into the pharmacy and asked re: the daktarin and he told me to take DS to the GP as it could be a sign of diabetes... and asked was he losing weight and going to the loo a lore more.
I'm all worried now.....

walkingwollie
Empress Wolly

Postby walkingwollie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 pm

My SIL's little one has had athlete's foot. She's a GP and didn't seem too concerned.
Some of their shoes are so plastic, don't you think? Even the really expensive ones, like Lelli Kelly's? If I wore footwear like that, my toes would be in bits.. so get it checked out by all means if you've been told to but my (totally non-expert, kind of random) opinion is that it's more likely to be hot little feet in sweaty little shoes!

Jeidi
Empress Wolly

Postby Jeidi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks mrs. Bean!

I put his sandals on his during the day and still using the caldescene powder and it was about 95% clearued up this morning.
I'll keep an eye on it

Mammy101
Mini Wolly

Postby Mammy101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Also if using socks on your LO, make sure they are pure cotton socks. Any other material can cause little feet to sweat and cause bacteria to settle into the warm moist areas.

In the meantime, wash all his little shoes to disinfect them and give his feet plenty of 'air time' to heal. Also you may want to try one of those foot powders from the chemist... I'm sure the pharmacist would be able to recommend something suitable for you LO.

goodluck.

Go to Mums & Kids

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T