Spots on jawline and neck

Go to Fashion & Beauty

Lizzie02
Woloholic

Spots on jawline and neck

Postby Lizzie02 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi,

I've recently come up with a few spots on my jawline and neck which are actually itchy. They are not hives, but spots alright. I would only ever get the odd, rare spot but otherwise have clear skin, good diet and haven't recently changed my shampoo, face product or perfume.

I know stress can cause spots but could these spots be stress related or otherwise?!! I am under a lot of stress at the moment but wedding stuff, exams, no job, etc. but have maintained a good healthy diet, exercise, plenty of water, etc. so could they just be stress related, and if so, would a facial help?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

KatieJuly09
New Wolly

Postby KatieJuly09 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:23 am

Lizzie,

Is there any chance that you changed your washing powder or fabric softener lately?? I ended up with spots under my jaw line before and eventually relalised that it was the washing powder I washed the pillowcases in. Its worth a shot. That said, I'm sure stress is the source of most of our spots at the moment.
No harm in a facial I'm sure, but it often causes a break out after a few days too. All the stressing over the exams and wedding will all be worth it though. :wv

izzie123
Mini Wolly

spots on jawline

Postby izzie123 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

Might sound crazy, but do you wear a scarf often ??

I get this if i wear a scarf to work, and for a few days at a time. Its obviously aggrevating my skin. Or my other theory is if i wear the same scarf for 2 -3 days in a row, that maybe the make up thats rubbed off from the day before is getting back onto my skin and aggrevating it.

Then if i stop wearing a scarf, like this week when the weather is abit milder, the spots & redness goes away and its all clear again.

One of the other girls in work had this also, and i mentioned my theory, and she kept on eye on it, and noticed the same thing !!

treefern
New Wolly

Postby treefern » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Spots on the jawline can often be hormonal, especially if you are 25-35 age-bracket. Maybe go see your doctor if they get any worse

phlux
New Wolly

Postby phlux » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I have heard many times as well that spots on the jawline is hormonal. I get them a lot and it only started once I gave up the pill and now get it frequently coming up to my period. I find that if I put fake tan on my face it aggravates it. I started taking evening primrose capsules a while back and it seemed to improve after – not sure if it was coincidental or not.

Go to Fashion & Beauty

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T