Tingling sensation and pain in right hip

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Aventine
Mini Wolly

Tingling sensation and pain in right hip

Postby Aventine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi there,

As you will see from my ticker, I’m just over 16 weeks pregnant. For the last few days I have a tingling sensation in my right hip. It’s just there, no excruciating pain or not unbearable by any means.

At night however, when I sleep on my right side, I am awoken with a severe enough pain in my right hip. For all the world, it feels like a pain you would have if something was tight on you and cutting into you IYKWIM.

I’m just wondering has anyone else experienced anything like this.

My sleep is being disrupted nightly because of it. I do try to go to sleep on my left side but always end up on the right. I had always slept on my tummy before the pregnancy and was just getting used to sleeping on my side when this happened!

CHOCOLATECHIP
Mini Wolly

Re: Tingling sensation and pain in right hip

Postby CHOCOLATECHIP » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Aventine! :wv

I've also had hip pain lately. I woke up at stupid o'clock on Sat morning with terrible pain in my left hip. The same thing happened the weekend before. For me it was very painful. I thought it was maybe the way I slept. I always sleep on my right side. But it didn't matter what way I lay once I woke up, it was bloody killing me!

So I mentioned it to my sister, who's had 3 kids & she said she had the very same thing. Hips expanding apparently! I thought it was too soon for that to be happening to me (I'm 14 weeks on thursday) but I guess not!

Not sure if that helps you at all..... but you're not alone!

Aventine
Mini Wolly

Postby Aventine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for the reply Chocolate Chip, good to know I'm not alone!

The pain is really uncomfortable and I'm so conscious of it, I can't sleep properly as I'm afraid I'll turn over on my right side and the pain will strike again.

Hopefully it'll wear off though and won't remain throughout the pregnancy. I've a GP appointment next week so will mention it to her then.

LadyMaMa
New Wolly

Postby LadyMaMa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

I have had almost exactly the same thing for the last couple of weeks but without the tingling. I wake up in agony if I'm lying on my left side and have to turn over. It actually used to happen to me before I got pregnant too- last year sometime. It last for a few weeks and then just disappeared so I had assumed it wasn't a pregnancy thing. Hmmmm. Meeting my GP in a couple of weeks too so will ask her. I'll let you know what she says.
It is great to know I'm not the only one.
Thanks ladies :thnk :thnk
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

ses
New Wolly

Postby ses » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I went through a week and a half of this - really sore pain in hip especially at night - had to wear a heat pack. GP recommended going to see a physio who specifically deal with pregnancy. Went to physio and was told had a downslip hip (one lower down and taking all the pressure)...she corrected it, gave me exercises to do and have had no pain at all since.....fulls nights sleep :) Was so sceptical going in thinking she wouldnt be able to help me but she fixed me straight away- would totally recommend it :wv

doone
Mini Wolly

Postby doone » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

ses very interested in what you got told !!!

i would wake up during the nite with my hip gone dead, though it was the extra weight and would move to the other side but then 2 weeks ago it got really bad in both hips couldn't lie down on my back, side or sit on my bum !!

Also i've had restless legs in the evening and have to keep moving them but its a really annoying skaky feeling.

things i'm doing ...
for sort hips
taking calcium and magnesium supplement
doing Yoga exercises in the evening
for restless legs
bananas and tonic water

Midwife also suggested yesterday that maybe i should get a belly belt for support, even though i only have a little bum she said it i have pain in my hips it could help to wear it during the day

20 Incredible Bridal Updos

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T