Warning: Facial steamer malfunction....

Go to All Things Wedding

newlyengaged
Mini Wolly

Warning: Facial steamer malfunction....

Postby newlyengaged » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:19 pm

hi girls,

Had a really bad experience over the weekend in local beauticians. I went in to treat myself to my first dermalogica facial to start preparin for the wedding, and they used a steamer on me (which ive never had before). Anyway, something happened and steam turned into boiling hot water spaying out all accross my chest (so so so lucky it wasnt my face). The girl got an awful shock (as did I) and they rushed and put cold compress on it.

I went on with the facial (without steamer obv) as i didnt wanna cause a scene and assumed the pain was cos of my low pain threshold(!). But when i came out and saw how bad it was, i was shocked, went tp pharmacist, and got burn gel and she was worried enough about it.

anyway that was saturday, and monday night im still really sore (and red raw.)Have to say it ruined my weekend as i couldnt go out (as it was so unsightly and too sore to wear anything over it).

Anyway the reason im postin is that it shows how easily accidents happen, and if that was my face i would be Screwed. And also given that so many of us get facials in run up to wedding, my advice wud be to avoid steamers at all costs. (BTW I LOVE facials,but this was first time anyone ever used steamer on me)

I just hope it all clears up without a scar, but i know for certain i will NEVER let anyone come near me with a steamer again.

Sorry for the long post but thought you should be aware of possible accidents that can arise.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

early days
Major Wolly

Postby early days » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:45 pm

Holy Moly I would've passed out on the spot :ooh
I'm not too bad with pain but the shock would've knocked me out. I've had the Dermalogica facial and loved it, esp the steamer, and at that point you're sooooo relaxed. What did the beautician do? Hope you werent charged?
[/url]

newlyengaged
Mini Wolly

Postby newlyengaged » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:51 pm

no they didnt charge me anything. I didnt see it when it happened so tried to persuade myself it was nothing much, but it killed all thru the rest of the treatment. I couldnt believe when i saw it how bad it was. The girls were great - kept changing wet faceclothes, and put lavender on it to ease pain. I felt for them cos it wasnt their fault. But i now ill never be able to use that again (and like i said above, thank god it wasnt my face!)

But you have to realise im severly accident prone, and think its just another in a long list of injuries......! But it was a disastorous weekend!
[/url]

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Europa Academy, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 883 9270 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T