Looking for a little something to give your other half on the wedding morning to the let them know you’re thinking of them? From a simple handwritten note to the lyrics of your first dance song as a piece of pretty wall art, we’ve rounded up 20 sweet, touching or funny wedding day gift ideas for brides and grooms…
- A simple heartfelt letter penned on the days running up to your Big Day will forever remind you of how you felt at this precious time. If you’re not one for words, a pre-recorded video would be just as sweet.
- Frame a picture of you both! We love the below frame from Debenhams.
- Have the lyrics of your first dance song made in to a pretty piece of wall art that you can hang in your home to remind you of this happy day!
- Present the hubby/wife-to-be with several bottles of wine to celebrate all the big events in your first year of married life from your first Christmas to the first anniversary. You can pick up personalised ‘Marriage Milestone’ labels over on Etsy.
- Create a personalised photo album of your journey together so far – we love this ‘You & Me’ version over on Oh So Cherished.
- Document your story in a thoughtful journal – Oh so Cherished make it easy with special journals for brides and grooms with questions on everything from how you met to why you’re perfect together. Check out the ‘My Gorgeous Groom Journal’ here and the ‘My Beautiful Bride Journal’ here.
- Invest in a timeless piece of jewellery he or she can wear again and again like a watch or pocket watch for guys or a beautiful necklace like this jigsaw puzzle piece from Chupi for brides. Get it engraved for extra sentimental value.
- Pandora have some amazing charms including a mini bride and groom if you’re looking for a sweet and sentimental charm bracelet for your wife-to-be that you can add to over the years. Kate Spade have some fab ones too!
- Practical but useful, cuff links are something he can wear on the Big Day and he’ll get lots of use out of them afterwards too. These ‘Secret Message Cufflinks’ from Oh So Cherished allow you to write a wee note as well.
- There are some amazing cartoon artists that can create a fun caricature of you both – check out some talented Irish caricature artists here.
- A handkerchief is a practical and sweet gift idea for those happy tears – make it personal by having the date or a message embroidered on it. Or if you’re looking to surprise your groom, stitch a little message on to his tie or inside jacket pocket.
- Cover his/her favourite wine or beer bottle with a heartfelt message to toast with on the wedding morning. For that professional touch, you can pick up personalised wedding day Champagne over on NameYourGift.ie.
- Surprise you OH by engraving their wedding ring!
- Pack a box full of all the reasons you adore your partner. You can pick up gorgeous ’10 Things I Love About You’ boxes over on Not on the Highstreet.
- Buy a bottle of his/her favourite perfume or cologne – it will remind you of the wedding day with every spritz.
- If your OH is a big kid at heart, they’ll love these mini Lego bride and groom, the perfect place to pop a personal love note. Buy them on Amazon.
- We love these hilarious Don’ts for Wives and Husbands that can be gotten in most book stores. Or if you’re looking to go the sentimental route, a very cute ‘Me Without You Book’ can be picked up for £4.99 from Amazon
- Pick up a memory box for your OH half to fill with all your wedding memorabilia. We love this one from NameYourGift.ie. Or if you’re looking for a plain gift box for your groom, you can pick up a ‘My Gorgeous Groom Box’ from Oh So Cherished.
Credits: 1. Part of Me Jigsaw necklace, €119 from Chupi | 2. Love You Frame, €22.50 from Debenhams | 3. Marriage Milestone Wine Labels, €23.56 from Label with Love via Etsy | 4. You & Me Album, £36.99 from Oh So Cherished | 5. Don’ts for Wives, £3.15 from Amazon | 6. 10 Things I Love About You Box, €27.37 from Posh Totty Designs Creates from Not on the Highstreet | 7. Lego Mini Figure set, £19.72 from Amazon | 8. Photo by Emilia Jane Photography | 9. Bracelets & Wedding Charms available from Kate Spade | 10. Wedding Memories Keepsake Box, €40 from NameYourGift.ie | 11. Personalised Wedding Day Champagne, 58.99 from NameYourGift.ie | 12. Mr & Mrs Frame, €49.99 from NameYourGift.ie
Main image: Framed Song Lyrics via Not on the Highstreet | Photo of Tie via Style Me Pretty – Jane Shields Photography
The following two tabs change content below.
Pamela enjoys writing about all things decor (she loves buying it too) and has a not so secret addiction to stationery.