As exciting as wedding planning is, it can be a lot – like really, a lot, especially if you were a 2020 couple. There are so many decisions to make, ideas to take on board and choosing your wedding photographer is one of those decisions. Today we hope to help you tick this task off your planning to-do list. Are you ready to know what your potential wedding photographer wants you to know… read on!
1. They are the perfect style fit. Visit their website and social media channels. Check out weddings they may have had published on WOL – simply search their name in the search bar above. Ask to view their wedding galleries, check a few days out from beginning to end.
2. Word of mouth recommendations – this could be through family and friends experience, or from meeting them at a previous wedding you attended. If you are told great things about a potential photographer it’s a good idea to follow it up.
3. Excellent communication skills and a personality you appreciate. Ultimately you want your photographer to ‘get’ you, and you want to ‘get’ them. You also want to feel like your day is the only day they’ve ever shot, if a potential photographer is passionate about your day that will only improve their footage from the day.
4. They are within your realistic price range. Don’t choose your photographer because they are coming up the cheapest, remember, this person will be your shadow on the most important day of your life, you gotta get on! After the day your photos are what you look back on so you want them to stand the test of time.
5. A fabulous portfolio of work that leaves you in awe. If you keep coming back to their work, surely thats the best sign?!
6. A great package selection – right now a printed wedding album might not be on your radar, but there’s every chance you’ll want one in the end. If you go with a photographer who offers digital images only, with no chance to add to your package you may regret it.
7. They’re open to meeting you before booking, either virtually or in real life. Having a chat is a great way to get to know them and their personalty and if it will match with yours.
8. They have experience of weddings similar to your day – It might be experience of your reception venue or they might have captured a previous family wedding.
The following two tabs change content below.