A question a lot of brides ask is: Do I need a makeup trial? I know this is something I asked when I was planning my own wedding. Today we’ve got the professionals – makeup artists – weighing in!Make-up trial is extremely important.- Make-up by Joey KYour trial is a great time to have an informal chat with your makeup artist. Work out exactly what look you want. Try and do your hair and makeup trial on the same day as one will influence the other. You may well come with an exacting idea of what you want, but sometimes that may not be the best look that will make YOU, your most gorgeous self. Most google images are highly edited and photoshopped- the 20 year old model doesn’t even look like that in real life. Try to find images of real brides whose makeup you like and bring a picture of yourself when you felt fab.- Laura Kay Make Up
Would you buy your wedding dress without trying it on? No. It should be the same for your makeup. A makeup trial is a very important and often underestimated part of the makeup process. It is a practice run, an opportunity to try different looks and to get to know your makeup artist to determine if they are the right fit for you and can create the look you want.
A trial is a good time to discover if you are allergic to any products, to test out not only the final look, but also the products used.
Wedding mornings tend to be busy getting the whole bridal party ready. So knowing exactly what look is desired and how long it is going to take to create can save a lot of time on the day. A trial is also a good time to determine a timeline for the day and product recommendations. By knowing exactly how the day will go and exactly how you will look, both you and your artist can be confident that you will look and feel your best!
– Sara Duffy Make-up ArtistA trial is a great idea as if a Bride is unsure of the look they are going for or a bit ‘scared’ of makeup she can work together with the Makeup Artist to create the perfect look, tweaking it as they go along. The Bride will see how it all photographs and lasts the day. A trial is also great for getting to know your Makeup Artist a little as they are going to be with you for a very important part of your day. I would always say to communicate well with your Makeup Artist before, during and after your trial to ensure you are 110% on your day.- Stylicious
- It is the test application of your bridal makeup. This is so you can be sure you are happy with the look and style of your makeup beforehand.
- This trial run also gives you a chance to see how the makeup suits and lasts on your own skin.
- Your artist will have a strict timeframe to stick to, so knowing the look beforehand means the application will run smoothly and the schedule on the day.
– Christine O’Connor Makeup ArtistNo, not if you know what you like, your use to a certain look. You can show pictures of your look from previous photos or magazine clippings.- The Beauty ShackYou wouldn’t get married without a rehearsal or try your dress on only once. And it should be the same for your hair and makeup. A trial is much more than just a practice run. It’s the perfect opportunity to get to know your artist’s personality, their skill level, and to determine if they are the right fit for you. You really want to be comfortable with them. You’ll be spending a lot of time together on one of the most precious mornings of your life.A professional makeup artist will work with high quality mostly hypoallergenic products. But it is possible that you may be allergic to an ingredient in a cosmetic or hair product. Your wedding day is definitely not the day you want to discover you are allergic to latex eyelash glue or a dye in eye shadow. A trial run gives you the opportunity to test out not only the final look, but also the products used. Bear in mind also wedding day schedules tend to be pretty tight. So knowing exactly what look is desired and how long it takes to perform can save a lot of valuable time and stress on the morning.Every bride wants to feel beautiful and confident on her wedding day. By knowing exactly how the day will go and exactly how you will look. Both you and your artist can be confident that you will look and feel your best!- Fiona Harrison The Make-Up StudioAbsolutely, the make-up trial gives you a chance to meet your make-up artist and try out as many looks as you like, until you’re completely happy with how you’re going to look on your big day. It also saves a lot of time on the morning of the wedding, as they’ll know exactly what look you’re going for.- Angelface Makeup
Take a look at our amazing Makeup and Beauty suppliers in our supplier directory!
The following two tabs change content below.
Kelly is a former wedding planner and a lover of anything pink. She believes that any bride can plan her own wedding, with a few tips and helpful tools.