To ensure you don’t miss a thing, here’s an all-inclusive list of questions to ask your wedding hair stylist and makeup artist. We’ve made it downloadable too, so you can print it out for free!
In collaboration with our experts – makeup artist Louise McMahon and hair stylist Cathy McNulty – we’ve prepared this list of essential questions to help you with your trial and booking. We know looking great on your wedding day is very important, and choosing that perfect dress is just a start… a foundation for a complete look that incorporates hair and makeup too.
• Can you share reviews or feedback from brides you’ve worked with?
• What payment methods do you accept?
• How far in advance do I need to book your services?
• Do you offer a trial option without obligation?
• Will you travel to the trial, or do we have to come to your studio?
• Can my bridesmaids/mum have a trial on the same day? What would be the additional cost?
• How long does the trial last? Is there a time limit?
• Can I have a trial before I pay the deposit?
• Can I take my own photos at the trial?
• How many different looks can I have during a trial?
• Do you have a look/style you specialise in?
• What products/brands do you use?
• Am I allowed to bring a friend for a second opinion?
• Should I bring pictures of looks/styles I’d like for myself/my bridesmaids to the trial?
• If I change my mind about hair or makeup after the trial, is there any charge for re-trial, and how much?
• Can I wash/style/straighten my hair the day before the trial, or do you need to see it in its natural state?
• Can you work with me if I have sensitive skin/scalp or allergies to certain products?
• If I’m going to tan for my wedding day, should I get a spray tan done before the trial?
• Should I have no makeup on when arriving for trial? What about moisturiser?
• Are you available on my wedding date?
• Do I need to pay a deposit to secure the date?
• Will you be available to come to my house/the venue on the morning of the wedding?
• Will you be available to do my bridal party’s/mum’s makeup on the same day?
• How long will it take to do each makeup application on the morning of the wedding?
• Will you bring an assistant? Are there any extra charges?
• Are there any charges for travel/mileage/bank holidays etc?
• Can you help me with my veil and tiara on my wedding day?
• What if I don’t have my veil or accessories chosen yet?
• What should I do first on my wedding day – hair or makeup?
• Are false lashes or hair extensions included in the final price?
• What about touch-ups for makeup/hair during the day? Do I need to purchase my own lipstick or powder replacements?
• Should I follow a particular skincare or haircare regime in the lead-up to the wedding day, and can you recommend the right products?
• What happens if you’re ill, or unable to make it, on the wedding day?
• What is your cancellation policy?
• When is the final payment due?
And if you’re currently looking around for your hair and makeup artist, you may like to know what happens at a trial, how to prepare and what to expect, so you have the best possible experience. It’s unmissable advice straight from the experts!
Click here to read How to Prepare for Your Bridal Make-up Trial and What to Expect
Click here to read How to Prepare for Your Bridal Hair Styling Trial and What to Expect
Main image courtesy of Elizabeth Messina via lover.ly
The following two tabs change content below.
If you think the bride should always have the last word, then Rachel is on your side! A devoted fan of everything quirky, unusual, colourful or crafty, she loves scouting WOL's real weddings for unique and fun touches. When not gazing at pictures, she's dispensing no-nonsense advice on everything from reception entrance songs to bridesmaid problems.