Autumn is here so what does that mean for the boys when it comes to picking out their suit for their Autumn or Winter wedding? We asked out experts Mark from Tangos Dress Hire and Pat from Protocol for Men to share some of the top looks and trends for Autumn/Winter grooms.
And if you’re looking for some accessories inspiration, be sure to check out our pick of some of the Best Bow Ties for Autumn/Winter Grooms, 30 Brilliantly Unique Wedding Buttonhole Ideas and our round up of some fun autumn accessories for the boys from belts and braces to cuff links and shoes.
1. Mark from Tangos Dress Hire – View Profile
Autumn is upon us and quite frankly summer never really got going but this gave us a chance to get ahead of the game with suppliers dispensing summer presentations early. We have seen demand rise for tweed waistcoats – a tweed check heritage waistcoat can look great when paired with a navy or grey two-piece suit as above. Colour wise, our bow ties and neck ties are popular in more richer colours with maroon, crimson and deep blues or navy coming to the fore.
Traditionally Morning Suits or Evening Wear are best sellers for winter weddings (Mid December to New Year’s Day in particular). This is set to continue but some new players in the evening wear market are taking a fair slice of the cake. New this year in Tangos is the Midnight Blue Tuxedo and demand for this and its black version are very high indeed. These are both designed with a slim fit shortened jacket body and tapered trouser leg. With more and more winter weddings going with Black Tie dress codes, the midnight blue is a great way to stand out from your guests.
2. Pat from Protocol for Men – View Profile
Some of the big trends for 2015/2016 are:
1. Checks and tweeds are very big right now, they can be worn in full or you can include just a tweed jacket or waistcoat to introduce some texture to your suit.
2. Mix and match waistcoats and suits are very popular for grooms looking to create a unique look. So mix a tweed or check waistcoat with a blue suit for example or wear a grey suit with a navy waistcoat and accessories.
3. The Tuxedo has been given a fresh new look with colourful jackets and is also available in a check print for those after formal attire with a bit of a twist.
Main photo by Navyblur Photography via Rock My Wedding
The following two tabs change content below.
Pamela enjoys writing about all things decor (she loves buying it too) and has a not so secret addiction to stationery.