So, are you fast approaching your first wedding anniversary? Congratulations! It is said the first year of marriage is the hardest because of all the readjustment you and your hubby encounter. Want to make it extra special? Here are some of our favourite ways to mark the day!
- Your first anniversary is the perfect day to rewind and remember your special occasion. Close the doors on the rest of the world, dig out your wedding film and album and celebrate the evening with a bottle of something fizzy!
- Head out for an extravagant night. You could keep the vibe romantic by heading to your favourite restaurant or inject some extra fun and invite your wedding party. Lives are busy for us all and this could be a great opportunity to meet up with your bridesmaids and grooms party to enjoy their company and reminisce about your great day.
- Pick paper. Paper is the significant gift for your first wedding anniversary so why not let your inner Shakesphere out and scribe your loved one with a poem or even letter about the last year, your love and hopes for the future. So romantic!
- You could mark this important date by revisiting your wedding venue for a little mini break, many hotels offer a first year discount for couples who held their wedding at their venue. Or perhaps you would prefer to head somewhere a little further. Choose a city you’ve always wanted to visit and get that passport dusted off!
- Maybe baby plans have been on your mind now since the big day, is your first wedding anniversary the perfect time to start trying?
- Do something out of the ordinary. Always fancied a ride in a hot air balloon? Matching tattoos? Maybe you’re an adrenaline junkie and fancy a skydive! Step out of your comfort zone and do something that will really make your day memorable.
What do you plan to do for your first anniversary? We’d love to hear, just leave us a comment below.
The following two tabs change content below.