That little burst of sunshine over the weekend had us very excited – summer is hopefully on its way (although looking outside at the minute you mightn’t think it!) so today we’re daydreaming with some awesome wedding ideas summer couples will want to borrow for their own Big Day! From ice creams all round to mingling over some lawn games and the coolest drinks, these 13 great ideas will add a fun, summery feel to your celebrations….
1. Add Ice Creams to the Menu
Photo from Vanessa & Paraic’s real wedding by Deidre Langan Photography
Ice Cream Suppliers include JG’s Ice Cream, Smith’s Ice Cream Vans, Carolyn’s Sweets
2. Leave Out Some Lawn Games
Photo from Julie & Sean’s real wedding by Michelle Prunty | Photo from Pam & Paul’s real wedding by Moat Hill Photography
Giant Jenga, Buzzwire Challenge & Connect 4 are available to hire from Giant Party Solutions
3. Create a Fun Picnic Feel with a Basket of Blankets or Deck Chairs
Photo by Nastja Kovacec via Junebug Weddings | Photo by Brosnan Photographic
4. Self-Serve Cocktails will Go Down a Treat
Photo by Nick Radford via Wedding Chicks
5. Pair them with Mason Jars & Straws for Added Fun
Photo from Chris & Anne’s real wedding by Emma Russell Photography
6. Get Creative with Your Drinks Displays
Photo via Pinterest | Photo from Pam & Paul’s real wedding by Moat Hill Photography
7. Refreshing! Use Water Bottles as Table Numbers
Photo by Jen Rodriguez via Ruffled
8. Bathroom Baskets Full of Useful Supplies Are a Great Addition
Photo via Etsy
9. Flip Flops Will Come in Handy for the Ladies
Photo by Wedding Photographer Bristol via Whimsical Wonderland Weddings
10. Keep things Summery & Casual with a BBQ Feast
Photo by The Studio B Photography via Wedding Chicks | Photo via Hostess with the Mostess
PigSpit.ie, PigOut.ie, The Gourmet Kitchen, O’Brien Lynch Catering and Adventure Catering (the folks behind Food Trucks The Airstream and The Food Truck) specialise in gorgeous gourmet food whether you’re after a hog roast or BBQ treats. Click on the links to find out more!
11. Have Your First Dance Outdoors with Sparklers
Photo from Matthew & Jody’s real wedding
12. Introduce Fun Festival Vibes with Some Glow Sticks
Photo via Pinterest
13. Finish Off the Night Around a Fire Pit
Photo by Emily Tyler Photography via Whimsical Wonderland Weddings
Main photo from Adrienne & Pauric’s real wedding by Hello Twiggs
The following two tabs change content below.
Pamela enjoys writing about all things decor (she loves buying it too) and has a not so secret addiction to stationery.