The high street is great for keeping costs down when it comes to bridal fashion, and we’re seeing everything from wedding-specific heels, bags and of course headpieces being given their own section in some of our fave stores. Hair accessories come in many forms these days, with brides opting to wear colourful hats, pretty grecian style headpieces, dramatic Juliet cap veils and even earrings somewhere in their ‘do. When it comes to ‘trends’, we’re loving gorgeous bohemian style hair drapes which are in a good few shops at the moment. These can be worn long over a soft down style while shorter drapes are perfect for adding some boho bling when placed under a messy bun. Other fab accessories for brides channelling their inner Grecian Goddess are cage and gem drop crowns. Now these aren’t the most comfortable accessories to wear for an entire day, so make sure that you get something that’s the right size so it doesn’t ride up and give you a ‘skirt-head’ look, and make sure it’s a piece you know your stylist will be able to secure properly! You’ve been warned. Pretty hair combs are a classic for a reason and will add glamour to any hair do, and we’ve got some gorgeous ones here from Debenhams, Monsoon and online from Littlewoods Ireland. Check out a few of our faves from the high street below!
Want something really special for your ‘do? See our special guide and pick of GORGEOUS wedding hair accessories by Irish bridal boutiques and jewellery designers here!
1. Jonny Loves Rosie Crystal Headband, €24.89 from ASOS | 2. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson Designer crystal and pearl floral headband, €48.00 from Debenhams | 3. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson Designer flower paisley side headband, €68.00 from Debenhams | 4. Mood Crystal floral surround side headband, €23.00 from Debenhams
1. Facet Back Hair Drape, £7.50 from Topshop | 2. Lorna Back Hairchain, €30.42 from ASOS | 3. Oasis Hair Chain with Crystal Clips, €10.00 from littlewoodsireland.ie | 4. Crystal Hair Drape, €34.56 from ASOS
1. Butterfly by Matthew Williamson Pearl & Crystal Hair Comb, €45 from Debenhams | 2. Ava Crystal Pearl Hair Comb, £12.00 from Monsoon | 3. Gold Crystal & Pearl Embellished Hair Comb, €19 from Coast | 4. Jon Richard Gold leaf and crystal spray hair clip, €60.00 from Debenhams | 5. Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Hair Comb, €21.00 from littlewoodsireland.ie | 6. Diamante Ribbon Clip, €14 from Littlewoods
1. Boho Head Crown with Gem Drop, €8.30 from ASOS | 2. Fine Stone Cage Ribbon Headband, €13.83 from ASOS | 3. Crystal Wedding Hair Tikka, €12.00 from Debenhams
1. Kathryn Pearl Headband, €30.00 from Coast | 2. Pearl Floral Hair Pins, €19.00 (set of three) from Coast | 3. Diamante Hair Slides (pack of 5), €9.90 from Monsoon | 4. Rock ‘N Roses Floral Meadow Head Crown, €66.36 from ASOS | 5. Phase Eight Charlotte pearl headband, €35.00 from Debenhams
The following two tabs change content below.
Former editor, current contributor, (she just can't let go!) Karen enjoys writing fashion but is known to dabble in decor from time to time. Her favourite section on the site is the Real Wedding section, followed closely by the Health & Fitness forums.