Winter weddings fill us with all sorts of fuzzy feelings, but one thing that makes us a little less festive is worrying about what to wear to one! Happily the cosy look is IN at the moment, and with gorge heavy fabrics like brocade and wool a major feature in all things fashionable this season, you don’t have to choose between being super stylish or super warm.
Winter Wedding Guest – What to Wear
Winter wedding guests are advised to ditch the pretty pastels and go full on glamour this year. Opt for a dress with a bit of sparkle and make black tights your best friend. Dark jewel tones are a gorgeous way to get away from black if you’re looking for a bit of colour – think emerald, maroon, and navy blue – or go vintage with metallic or gold. If you’re not the ‘bit of sparkle’ type, don’t worry – there are plenty of divine minimal feel dresses on the market at the moment that you can dress up with some statement jewellery or heels. When it comes to cover ups you’re spoiled for choice – a no fuss long or midi winter coat in grey, black or camel will go over any dress, just pop a faux fur collar on and you’re ready to roll. Beauty wise you can’t go wrong with a dark jewel tone nail polish or by vamping it up with some berry lippy. Below are 6 very different wedding guest dresses we’ve styled with some gorge accessories to get you on the best dressed list at your winter wedding!
1. Green beaded earrings from H&M | 2. Gold structured bag from Dorothy Perkins | 3. Green tassel dress from H&M | 4. Green suede belt from H&M | 5. Gold fringe sandals from Topshop
What a Doll!
1. Velvet and gold bucket bag from Zara | 2. Black tights from M&S | 3. Gold embellished cuff from H&M | 4. Gold sandals from Topshop | 5. Nude & Black Pleated Dress from Dorothy Perkins
Chic & Sophisticated
1. Black coat from River Island | 2. Peplum lace top by Self Portrait at Brown Thomas | 3. Ellen Court shoes by Kurt Geiger London | 4. Liquid eyeliner by MAC | 5. Black wool pencil skirt from Reiss
1. Self Portrait blue mesh midi dress from Brown Thomas | 2. Black gem cuff earrings from River Island | 3. Strappy tassel shoes from River Island | 4. Blue velvet clutch from Vero Moda via ASOS | 5. Revlon red lipstick from ASOS
Bell of the Ball
1. Ophelia heart jacquard dress from Coast | 2. Faux fur wrap from Coast | 3. Cut out shoes by Karen Millen | 4. Art deco drop earrings from Coast | 5. Biba deco box clutch from House of Fraser
Dazzling Black Tie
1. Miss KG Hetty Clutch from House of Fraser | 2. Faith strappy sandals from Debenhams | 3. Adrianna Papell dress from McElhinneys | 4. Faux fur wrap from Coast | 5. Nail polish by Chanel
The following two tabs change content below.
Former editor, current contributor, (she just can't let go!) Karen enjoys writing fashion but is known to dabble in decor from time to time. Her favourite section on the site is the Real Wedding section, followed closely by the Health & Fitness forums.