1 day antenatal class

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cuppatea Posts: 311
Hi, just to say, I did this course a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it, got a lot out of it and so did my partner. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good one-day course.
saz12 Posts: 217
Hi, Is it expensive?
gopro Posts: 1801
my hospital does a one day course and it's free
gopro Posts: 1801
[quote="Ann111":29odyyde]Cuidiu classes are independent classes. They emphasize empowering parents to make informed decisions and helping them explore all their options where ever they're planning to have their baby. The teachers are all up to date on policies and practises in all the maternity units. The group size is kept small and time is also spent practicing skills to help with labour at home and in hospital. All the info is evidence based. Special emphasis is placed on the partners learning so they can be the best help. Early parenting is also part of the day - as well as babycare, there's exploration of the transition to parenthood and life with a new baby. The teachers are trained similar to the NCT (National Childbirth Trust) which provide most of the antenatal education in the UK so anyone from there will be aware of the kind of classes they are. I often find people who do this class also do the hospital class and it makes for very interesting discussion in the class![/quote:29odyyde] :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: