10 kicks every 2 hrs???!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Girls, Are you suppose to have this many kicks? Am about 29 weeks and although baby seems to be moving a good bit at certain times there is no way its 10 kicks EVERY 2 hours. Some hours I feel nothing and others I feel loads. What about everyone else? xx
sweetbubbles Posts: 377
It might not necessarily be actually kicks, but movement, like bubbles fizzing in your tummy just general movement. How many movements in 2 hours are you getting? I'd say if you actually sit and count throughout a two hour period and just concentrated on baby, you'll find you are getting that many....
Maybe I am but sometimes when I'm busy I honestly don't feel much, then other times I think its going to kick its way out of my belly!! Like just in the last 30 seconds I had about like a vibration feeling (not describing it very well!!) anyway it was about 10/15 vibrations but over a very short period, does that count as 10?
bobby2012 Posts: 644
Perfectly fine. Babies are on a schedule too. They do sleep and they do rest. As long as you get regular movement, even in patterns, it's perfectly fine. Also when you yourself are moving you're definitely less likely to feel anything, especially as at 29 weeks baby still is not that big. It'll grow further, get stronger, you'll feel much more towards the end.
theoracle Posts: 7664
Since when is it 10 in 2 hours? It is 10 in a day that you are supposed to be counting?
[quote="theoracle":3ks98vz6]Since when is it 10 in 2 hours? It is 10 in a day that you are supposed to be counting?[/quote:3ks98vz6] That is actually a good point. I actually READ in 24 hours. It's far too early for me... :-8
I read it on another thread, is it definitely not correct? 10 in 24 hrs seems a bit little!
It's just an estimate. All they really want is to see the baby is moving regularly.
theoracle Posts: 7664
It is 10 movements in 12 hours not 24 hours ( I said 'day' but you can't count sleeping hours anyway). See here http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_S ... ooklet.pdf
[quote="theoracle":2h0ks2ak]It is 10 movements in 12 hours not 24 hours ( I said 'day' but you can't count sleeping hours anyway). See here http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_S ... ooklet.pdf[/quote:2h0ks2ak] I was actually told that you can. The baby doesn't have the same schedule as you, so when my daughter had a pretty long period in which she would maybe move once during the day, but would keep me up almost all night kicking and moving, I asked if that counted towards day movement and they said yes.