10 yr old models in French Underwear ad campaign

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sodapop Posts: 3220
what do you think of this French lingerie company advertising their underwear for 4-10yr old girls - and using 10 yr old models, who are dressed like adults and trying to make them look seductive? I think it's shocking - full link here: and here's an extract from it : [b:91gfa0lx]In one of the images, a little girl dressed in a striped bra and panty set, plays with makeup in front of a mirror. In another, a girl seductively lounges on a chaise, wearing a crop-top, panties and oversized sunglasses.[/b:91gfa0lx] It's just too much - I cannot believe this is being allowed - it's wrong on so many levels.
theoracle Posts: 7664
I think it speaks volumes that there are so many people involved in a campaign like that Who Saw Nothing Wrong In This. We are talking parents who allowed their children to be photographed and flaunted like this, modelling agencies who had no problem backing this campaign etc etc etc - a huge number of people who went along with this, undoubtebly many of them parents themselves... I must say the picture shown on the article itself is ok, but a picture of a young girls bottoms in lacy nude underwear or pretend bras for 4 year olds I find mind-boggling!
Yes everyone is to blame here - It is unbelievable and with all these sickos in the world today - imagine them trawlling that website to get their kicks - its disgusting! When I was 10 I was playing with my dollies! what the hell is going on today!
theoracle Posts: 7664
I have just seen more pics on this site - I do think the posing/hair is particularly grown up designed to make the girls look older
they look older with makeup but you can see they are just kids! it's just awful!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
That freaks me out, I think it's awful! Especially the girl with her hair down in the black and cream kind of underwear set. Like what the hell?! That's a child, caked in make up, hair done like a woman, in underwear - all over the internet and in ad campaigns out there for any creep to see....yuk, absolutely terrible I think >:o(
trance Posts: 3129
I came across the programme 'Toddlers & Tiaras' last night, I was absolutely shocked, 2/4/6/8/10 year olds doing 'sexy' type dances in bikinis in beauty pagents and the mothers standing in front of the stage doing the dance with them and singing along, it was really uncomfortable viewing, on one panel the judges were 2 middle aged women and a boy who honest to God could not have been more than 18/19 tops. These children look like freaks to be honest, a childs body but a face like a middle aged woman, caked in make up, fake tan, big massive hair and pulling all these 'pouty' faces, just awful
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Lads, I have to say I'm not as shocked by the images as you are. I don't think they are "seductive" at all, they make me think of my sister and our friends messing around with my mother's make-up and high heels when we were that age. They look like little girls playing around. I agree that the hair is ridiclous, but I don't think the images are [i:1dnr3pit]particularly[/i:1dnr3pit] sexual. The one I do object to is the close-up of the little girl's bottom, that image is a bit borderline IMO. I also think the actual clothes are a bit pointless, putting a bra on a child is stupid. But TBH a paedophile sicko will get turned on my just about ANY images of children, like the Next childrenswear website or whatever. [img:1dnr3pit]http://www.jours-apres-lunes.com/images/stories/collections/filleThumbs/collection_fille_12.jpg[/img:1dnr3pit]
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I think the pic you have posted isn't too bad - if you take away the mad hair do it looks like a cute girl on holidays and it's pretty covered up. I do think the bum one and the ones of the girl in bra knickers are too much though, she's obviiously hitting puberty and you can see she's starting to get boobs etc and I do think that's too much and too accessible for paedophiles etc.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
[quote="theoracle":1bwthxok]I have just seen more pics on this site - I do think the posing/hair is particularly grown up designed to make the girls look older [/quote:1bwthxok] Just took a look at this link, it's too weird. The first photo is really quite disturbing. Far too seductively posed.