123 insurance - anyone with them?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

discounter Posts: 441
My car insurance is up for renewal in a few weeks and I've been shopping around. It was €394 last year and the very very cheapest I can get this year is €434 (some were quoting €730 - ha!). Anyway the cheapest is 123.ie - has anyone used this insurance company? Are they ok to use? Any advice appreciated :wv
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Hey I dont use them but my brother does and I know recently he wanted to make amendments or something but spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get through to them on the phone. Not sure of exact details and he has never had to put in a claim but I get the feeling there customer service might be a bit lacking.
marianf Posts: 5845
I have been with Axa for 9 years and there quote this year was €530 :eek I got it for €307.50 from I know a few people who have insurance with them and they have had no problems.
anoncb Posts: 379
123 are fine for insurance - I have had to change my policy twice in the last 2 months, and have had no problem with getting through or customer service. They are cheaper than most, and also include breakdown assistance like other companies do.
nk12 Posts: 115
i use them for both mine and my hubby's car and also our house insurance! only thing i had a problem with is getting the actual disc! but apart from that they were by far the cheapest! O-O