16 trips to doc in 1st year!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Interesting link; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2KaG2N5jq I found this so so true; [i:2zfks7ka]"And just as soon as they did get the hang of being a mum, seventy per cent said they felt like they had to go through a whole new set of challenges as their baby became a toddler."[/i:2zfks7ka]
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
So far I've only gone once, eight months in. I'm a 'sure its probably nothing, let's wait and see' person.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
ACS, My DS was not sick a day in his life until 10 months old and in the last 2 months I've been to the Doctors' 3 times with him. I reckon they just go through phases of it!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="ReginaFalange":1xzwgyxp]I reckon they just go through phases of it![/quote:1xzwgyxp] +1, depends on what's going around the mother/toddler group, gymboree etc. DD's been fairly good, only sick a couple of times. When she's sick she does it in style, projectile vomiting that the exorcist girl would be proud of.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Have to say that my lad is 19 months and ive been twice, once for diarrhea and once for eczema flare up. He has had about 6 colds though but didnt bring him to the doc for that. Totally relate to all the worrying though.
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Our one's Da would be the more cautious of us both. This wouldn't be another wagging finger pointed at mothers by any slim chance? It all gets a bit nauseating at times.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
16mts here and we've been 3 times. Only one of these did the doctor actually prescribe something.
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
Never been to doc with ds but have asked nurse/doc a few questions about things when there for injections etc
ructions Posts: 2689
18 months and we've been once. It was my MIL who kinda pushed us out to the docs, turned out he had a high temp and a cold, that's all. I know I'm lucky though, some babies are sick a lot.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
DD is 19mths and have neve3r been to the doctor with her, we've been very lucky