16 Week Scan - Update

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
I have a scan tomorrow, does anyone know if i still need to have a full bladder or is this just a requirement for the first couple of scans?
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Hi ya.. A friend of mine had a 18 week scan and it wasn't neccessary, only required for the 12 weeks scan I think.. Hope this helps.
charli Posts: 5994
yeah as Toni said just for the earliest scan i know at my 12 week one i drank lots of water, i was bursting to wee and thought id be waiting ages in waiting room anyway so went to loo and was going to drink another bottle was called straight away (empty bladder) and still images/pictures very very clear :wv
bluebell07 Posts: 182
For my 20 week scan I had to drink loads of water so maybe you should and if it isn't necessary then empty your bladder before going in but better be safe than sorry....
wombats Posts: 665
I didn't have a full bladder for the scan at 12 weeks so you defo don't need one for 16 because the uterus has risen so much higher by then. hth
Wannabamama Posts: 481
Girls just to let you know, you dont need a full bladder. We were able to see perfectly. Everything was fine and it was great for DH to finally see baby. I cant stop grinning im so happy. :hyper:
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Brilliant - so happy for you. x
Idina Posts: 1289
I never needed a full bladder (didn't have first scan until 12 weeks) I asked and was told no need