17 months until wedding.. now what?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Conormammy Posts: 404
hi all, as you can see we have 17 months until our wedding, we have our church and venue booked, and thats it. im very much torn between booking/buying other things now or waiting until closer? what did/are ye doing? I know the colour scheme we are going for, is it too early to get decorations for church venue started? guess I just dont want the excitement to go away? any help appreciated!
bee0606 Posts: 691
Make up artists seem to book up quickly so that is something you could start looking into. I emailed a lot about 14 months before our date and was surprised how many said they were already booked. Same with photographers and videographers. The earlier you book the more choice you'll have.
atina Posts: 2240
Make up artist, hair dresser, band and church music next! Church decor, flowers etc can wait till nearer the time
The Chancer Posts: 49
Def def definately, band in my area 1st three are chapel, venue,band.if you want a band I think that, should be next on your list the good ones book up 2-3 years in advance.
Conormammy Posts: 404
thanks, we are hoping to book our band in the next few weeks, if we get the time to go see some..! hairdresser is also booked!