(17) Would you be willing to be extremely ugly physically if

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hestia Posts: 2368
...it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you choose?
redgp Posts: 1681
Odd question but no!!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Nope - not just cos I'd be ugly like but cos it wouldn't appeal to me that much to live for 1000 years to be honest. Not when all my family and friends that make my life so good would all be dying around me and I'd have to go through major heartbreak and then try to move on with new people in my life.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
No, every one would be dying round you
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
No, I have no desire to live for 1,000 years. Imagine how insufferable the conversations with the "young folk" would be: "When I was your age we didn't have hovercrafts and we knew the value of our Space dollar. WE had to clean our bionic feet in acid every day before we were allowed to take the shuttle to the mall" ... or something
ingridcondon80 Posts: 2
who the hell would want to live for 1,000 years. that just means you would have to work longer like say 900 years sod that i'd rather die at 70 after 5 nice years of retirement. :)
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
No thanks!
R2theB Posts: 1660
I don't want to live for 1000 years, even the thought of eternity in an afterlife gives me the willies, thankfully I know it won't happen. And I don't want to be ugly. So it's a BIG FAT NO from me!
katief Posts: 1900
What a strange question. First off, what's ugly? And second off, no matter what I looked like, I wouldn't want to live that long.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I'm fond of another question - would you rather be really ugly or really stupid? A tough one!! But for the question in the OP, I'd say no. I don't want to live for 1000 years (I think part of the beauty of our lives comes from it's shortness). I don't want to be the same age forever (how do I know what wonderful things lie around the corner as I age?) I don't want to be ugly (we can say 'beauty is on the inside' all we want, but people who are ugly are treated appallingly in our image-obsessed culture).