18 Month Guide / Checklist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

galwaybride16 Posts: 174
Has anyone got a guide / checklist of what should be done over the 18 months leading up to the wedding? I'm the first of my friends getting married so I'm unsure if there is something I should be doing now - I want to get as much out of the way as I can as am also studying with final exam the month before the wedding
lydiared Posts: 127
Hey! I'm 16 months out from my wedding and I have pretty much everything booked. If you're just starting out then I'd compile a guest list so you have an idea of cost, get looking at the venue and church and then entertainment and photographer. Once those are booked, I think you're free to let six months go by without thinking too much about it all.
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hey Wollies I hope the planning is going well! I wrote a blog recently which might be useful about a to do wedding list! Here it is. I hope it helps http://www.sineadnicgabhann.com/1/post/ ... dding.html
Cakeybride Posts: 96
Hi Galway bride You're welcome to my project plan (in my defence, I am a project manager! :yelrotflmaosmilie: ) that we used as a bible for our wedding planning. I compiled it from several different wedding checklists . Just pm me your email address. HTH
galwaybride16 Posts: 174
Thanks Lydia - I have the venue, church, priest, photographer/videographer, flowers, make up / hair and band sorted - I just wonder if there is actual proper wedding stuff I need to do...I'm one of these people that likes to get it out of the way asap so if I can do it now and don't have to think about it it suits me. Thanks Sinead! Will take a look. Cakeybride - I've pm'd you, that sounds right up my street :D thanks so much!