18 weeks, when should i feel baby?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
just wondering when should i start to feel baby? first baby and had scan so all is fine just havent felt yet?
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
I have had feelings for about 4 weeks now, but everyone is different. At the start they weren't strong, just like wind building (without actually farting at the end :o0 ). Have started to have lots of real strong movement since the weekend, and had one huge kick the 6th December but it was a full 5 days before I felt a proper movement again after this! It really will depend on your shape (tall/short) etc, but I'd think you'll start any day now!!!! Its a lovely (but very weird) feeling once baby starts moving properly! HTH sue
nini83 Posts: 1917
ok im gonna be honest cos i'm in that kinda mood today when i was 18 weeks i had my head and oh heads wrecked with the whole movement thing, i hadn't felt anything and was worrying and tbh some posters on this site were making me so much worse, oh wanted to ban me off it every day i'd be whaling " here's another one she's 12 weeks and is being booted out of it" :o0 I know everyone feels it at different times but honestly some girls are ridiculous cos the baby wouldn't be big enough or strong enough for them to be able to feel it so early it's probably just wind :o0 what i'm trying to say is don't worry everyone is different and i didn't end up feeling flutters untill well into week 20/21 hth :wv
tilsun Posts: 4506
Being asked had I felt anything yet drove me mad as I was being asked it from 15 weeks on and then the questioner would say "ah no sure you won't feel anything for weeks now". So why ask me O:| I was about 18 weeks, it was just like little gas bubbles when I'd lie a tiny bit propped up in the bed.
survivor Posts: 2507
I didnt feel anything until 21 weeks. Nothing. Not a flutter, bursting bubble or anything. Like tilsun people kept asking me if I could feel any movement. Then when I responded that I hadnt they'd go "oh yeah thats about right, its a bit too soon yet". Why even ask??? Try to forget about it for another few weeks. I was fortunate that a really good friend didnt feel anything until 24 weeks so I used that as a benchmark. If nothing happened by then I would allow myself to freak out. Not that this stopped me asking my tummy to "kick Mammy" all the time :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
bubblybaby Posts: 98
I started feeling movement at about 15 weeks - just tiny tiny little movements tho - almost unnoticable! I felt stronger movements when i was about 19 weeks or so and then stronger again at 25wks! Everyones completely different so i wouldnt worry about it at all! I wouldnt bother even reading posts like this if i were you because i did and it completely wrecked my head - others saying that they were getting propper punches and kicks at 16 or 17 weeks, baby wakening them up etc...i do seriously think that us mammys exagerate slightly (a lot) :o0 Dont worry about it!! :wv
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
On DD felt nothing until at least 23 weeks, have been getting little pops since about 2 weeks ago and am getting stronger movements at the moment but def think its cuz its my 2nd bubby!!!! Don't worry pet everyone is different and it also depends which way baby is facing too!!!
lollyfp Posts: 2441
I didn't feel it anything until 22 weeks!! :wv
PrincessLea Posts: 436
I was 20 weeks and 2 days when I first felt them proper, had had a kick or two weeks earlier but once it started at 20-2 it hasn't stopped and I can't beleive I haven't noticed it before then! So not to worry hun, it'll come, but if it's your first prob not until week 20 - 21 :wv
kiely Posts: 60
I felt mine for the first time monday, what a delight!! I was 18weeks and 3day's.