18month old escaping from car seat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eviebelle Posts: 66
Hi Girls, My 18 month old can get her arms out of the car seat so that she is just strapped in at the waist, even if I tighten straps it makes no diffrence. Was in mothercare yesterday looking for a safety buckle to tie straps together around the chest area but they said they are not sold in Ireland and can only be bought in America. Anyone else have this problem? And do you know where to get the safety buckles? Thanks :wv
delgirl Posts: 1706
I had this problem but I realised that I needed to adjust the back of the car seat - make it higher. When I did this the straps lay completely flat against him and then when I tightened them he could not get his hands out. I am not sure if this helps but it worked for me.
sinion Posts: 6050
Yeh the straps need to come down from alongside their head, if they are coming up from behind her shoulders then they will be very easy to escape from!
eviebelle Posts: 66
Thanks a million girls - the staps are coming up from behind her so that might be the problem! will have a look and see if I can adjust them - thank you!