Menu

1998 Fiat Punto - Excellent Condition!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sarhar101 Posts: 381
[b:2qe2cplx]1998 (Dublin) Fiat Punto – Green (for the ladies!) [/b:2qe2cplx] Only 35,800 miles on the clock – 5-door, airbags, central locking, power steering, Sony stereo. EXCELLENT CONDITION. NCT until SEPTEMBER 2008 – taxed until 10/06 Only €2,500 ono Nice little runner, and I am really sorry to see him go – but the wedding saving account needs the money more!! In Dublin 18. Please PM if you need any other details, and please feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested! Thank you…
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote:1r0j3fuq][b:1r0j3fuq]1998 (Dublin) Fiat Punto – Green (for the ladies!) [/b:1r0j3fuq] Only 35,800 miles on the clock – 5-door, airbags, central locking, power steering, Sony stereo. EXCELLENT CONDITION. NCT until SEPTEMBER 2008 – taxed until 10/06 Only €2,500 ono Nice little runner, and I am really sorry to see him go – but the wedding saving account needs the money more!! In Dublin 18. Please PM if you need any other details, and please feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested! Thank you…[/quote:1r0j3fuq] Sorry but are you for real with that price, have a look at the link below [img:1r0j3fuq]http://www.buyandsell.ie/browse.php?quicksearch=punto&textopt=all&sort=p&dir=a&o=0[/img:1r0j3fuq]
Absolutely!! The Buy and Sell have 1998 Puntos starting from €3,500 and they've WAY more miles on the clock than 36k (the average for a 3-year-old car). I've also said that this is a ono ad, and the car is in excellent condition, and NCTed for two full years! I'd always be prepared to negotiate with the price...
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
No sorry didn't mean it that way, you are charging way too much for the punto, good condt or not the car is 8 years old and depreciates between €2000 -€2500 per year.
I would be prepared to take less, but you negotiate DOWN, and you have to start at an adventageous price. I think (compared to CarBuyersGuide.ie, BuyandSell.ie and carzone.ie) that I've started at a fair and comparative price. We've had three calls about it already!
Soon to be B Posts: 232
I have to say I don't think its that bad a price - but only because of the miles. I have a '97 one that has nearly 100,000 miles on it, and its still going strong. They really are a great car - and esp wonderful when transporting fridges, dishwashers, etc.....