1st app when....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pd2 Posts: 85
Hi Ladies, Im just wondering how long we have to wait for first hospital app, im attending UCHG Galway, I had a MC at the beginning of February, and wondering also (as i was seen in maternity at the time), if i would get an earlier scan because of this, perhaps im pushing my luck..... Thanks Girls.. O-O O-O
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I think it depends on the hospital how long you have to wait. I was told I wouldn't be called until I was at least 16 weeks but got my first one at 11 weeks. Sorry to hear about your m/c but I would say that because of it you will indeed get called early for a scan. DH's brother's girlfriend had 2 m/c and on this her 3 pg she had her first scan today at 7 weeks. Thankfully it showed the heartbeat and all is going well. Hope everything goes well for you this time round pet :xox
Painter2 Posts: 218
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)ll I had several recurrent miscarriages so this time I ended up having 4 scans by the time I was 12wks. But that was with a Private doc in hospital. I have since decided to go semi-private and my first officail hospital appnt is at 16wks. They are going to scan me at this. I know a friend of mine didnt get a scan until 19wks and another friend had 3 by that stage and both were public. So I think it really depends on who you see and your history. But one but of advice I will give you is if they are reluctant to scan you DEMAND one, and tell them due to your history you are absolutely terrified, going mad, whatever you think will get their attention because I know a few girls have had to refuse to leave until they were scanned!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9months and try to stay positive at all times hon. :wv
CestMoi Posts: 2162
Sorry to hear about your m/c, I don't know about Galway but my friend is attending another hospital and also had a mmc & D&C for last pregnancy, but on this pregnancy they didn't want to scan her until 20 wks approx. She complained to doc at the time but ended up going for her own private scan around 12 wks. My own appointment is supposed to be between 19 - 22 weeks, and that is a different hospital. I think they are leaving them late so that more people will pay for their own private scans! Maybe that's just a silly theory. But I was shocked that they refused to scan her after her previous history, and she was naturally worried. Hopefully you will get on better?
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
[quote="hopefull2010":1fvdrd9l]Hi Ladies, Im just wondering how long we have to wait for first hospital app, im attending UCHG Galway, I had a MC at the beginning of February, and wondering also (as i was seen in maternity at the time), if i would get an earlier scan because of this, perhaps im pushing my luck..... Thanks Girls.. O-O O-O[/quote:1fvdrd9l] Hi Hopefull2010, I had a mc at 6 weeks and I am now 6 weeks pregnant again. When I got my BFP I rang the early pregnancy unit and they booked me in for a reasurrance scan at 8 weeks. I got a letter from my doctor to get an early scan but I didnt need to use it as they took my word for it and made the appointment there and then on the phone for me. Is there an EPU in Galway? If so give them a call and tell them that you recently had a mc and wanted to check in for an early scan and if that fails get a letter from your GP and they will have to see you. I hope it all works out for you! :wv