1st checkup at 18 weeks.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MotherNature Posts: 317
I've booked in for the first available check up I can get in the hospital, but it's not until mid February. I'll be 18 weeks at that stage (fingers crossed). Is it ok to leave things that late to be checked? The only time I've been to a doctor recently was three weeks ago to confirm the pregnancy. Should I be going back to the GP for a check up in the meantime?
bree Posts: 1880
hi mother - yes you should definetly be going to GP between now & then . i had first clinic appointment at 14wks but my sis-in-law was less fortune & didnt get called until 28wks for first appointment - crazy!! mayb its a good idea to see your GP at the start of Jan ? or sooner if u had any concerns
Ducky Posts: 2506
My first consultant apt was 18 weeks but say GP at 5 weeks, dating scan at 12 and GP again at 14 weeks.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Hiya, is that private with a consultant?
Septbride Posts: 380
HI, My first scan & consultant appoint will be at 18 wks (thats private) but I am seeing my doctor every 4 wks too. I wud double check again with gp I can't understand you not at least seeing him/her once more before consultant. Good luck
MotherNature Posts: 317
That was the earliest date that the Rotunda Semi private clinic could fit me in. I said to her that I'd be 18 weeks by that stage, but she didn't react in any way to cause me concern. I'll contact my own GP but I guess I'm disappointed that I'm not going to have any chance of seeing the baby for another ten weeks.