1st dance/song-Does band sing it or CD?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Victorious Posts: 122
Hi all! My band rang me recently to ask what my first song was. After I got off the phone, I wondered was he asking so they could learn it or so they could get the CD! I really prefer the actual song itself on CD but is it rude to ask the band not to sing it if thats the case? I dont want to offend! Whats the done thing?! Thanks! :thnk
abfab video Posts: 239
Hi, it's common to have the first dance song played from a cd. Your band will understand this and won't be offended. Regards Brian
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ours was played on CD. Im sure they are used to it, just ring them and say it to them!! Actually you have just reminded me.... our wedding was over a year ago, my sister took the cd back from the band but I never got it back!! I bet shes listening to it in her car :o0
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I e-mailed my band last week for advice about picking a first dance - we haven't a clue yet. And I said I was trying to pick something they could play, but they told me not to worry about it that they can play a CD or MP3 of the original on their sound system and often do it. I'd say this is fairly common. Just ask your band if it is something they do or if they would prefer to perform the song. I'm sure you'll have no problem.
nutcake Posts: 1168
im definalty going to have my first dance played on cd. the song is sang by a woman and as its an all male band i think it would spound weird! im thinking i might get my church singer to sing it at some stage at the church aswell. what do you think?