1st time on Pregnancy forum & i'm scared!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

feb007bride Posts: 153
Hi there. Havent really been on the site since I got married in Feb this year but remembered there was a pregnancy forum and as i'm home today and have just found out i'm pregnant i decided to log on! I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks a couple of months ago and was absolutely devastated. Couldnt believe when i did a test at the weekend and found out I was expecting again. we're so afraid to get too excited this time after the last time. Went to my GP yesterday to get it all confirmed and get my letter for the hospital etc but just before I left work I got the most awful pains in my chest. I was sick with worry as I never had pains like it before. Doc checked me over and said it looks like Pleurisy. She didnt seem the slightest bit worried about it and said she's rather not put me on any medication due to pregnancy and said it will hopefully just run its course like a virus so to go back to work as soon as i want. i took today off but i think i am actually feeling slightly better today (or maybe i'm just so happy about being pregnant, i've convincing myself i feel better than i am!). Fingers (& everything else) crossed everything works out this time. I just feel so mad that I got this pleurisy when i'm pregnant - I wanted so much to be able to start feeling excited again. Anyway, hospital has booked me in for an early scan at 8 weeks (i'm nearly 5 weeks now) and i have my other scans booked in for 13 weeks and 22 weeks so I really am finding it hard not be excited. Due date 2nd May. Anyway just wanted to tell my story cos i feel too scared to tell any family yet after last time. :wv
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Great news on your bfp, I'm sure everything will go absolutely fine for you this time, although I totally understand the added worry when you've already been through a mc. As for the pleurisy, take as much time off work as you need - get a note from your doc, and don't feel a bit guilty about taking a few days - babs is number one priority now!! Good luck!!!
fantac Posts: 4109
yahoooooo! its so nice having early scans when you're worried, i'm so sorry about your previous m/c, congratulations!
daddyrchips Posts: 51
Firstly a Huge Congrats on your BFP its brilliant news :thnk Secondly as Ellicat said take as much time off work as you need you have a little one to think off too. Put up the feet and relax while you can :wv
newyearbabs Posts: 686
congrts. :o)ll take it easy and rest over the next few weeks. look after yourself and babs. My SIL had pleurisy a few weeks ago and she got over it fine
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Congrats, wishing you the best for your pregnancy :wv
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Congratulations! I'm not surprised you're worried but I'm sure it will all go perfectly for you this time. So dont stress and just think about the exciting times ahead! x
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
So sorry to hear about your previous loss and congrats on this pregnancy. I hope everything goes perfectly for you! Congrats again :o)ll