1st visit to rotunda tomorrow..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aperature Posts: 280
Hi girls, i have my first visit to the rotunda ( public0 tomorrow ...yes, at 22 weeks! anyhow, im just wondering what to expect...where to go, how early to arrive etc. any advice would be appreciated. my appointment is at 12 noon, so i was planning on being there by 11:30.. just hoping they dont give out to me for gaining so much weight already...!! thanks.
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
[quote="aperature":2s81zf0d]Hi girls, i have my first visit to the rotunda ( public0 tomorrow ...yes, at 22 weeks! anyhow, im just wondering what to expect...where to go, how early to arrive etc. any advice would be appreciated. my appointment is at 12 noon, so i was planning on being there by 11:30.. just hoping they dont give out to me for gaining so much weight already...!! thanks.[/quote:2s81zf0d] Hi There, I would say half an hr before your appt is fine.. just give yourself plenty of time to find parking as it can be a nightmare around there. - best bet is to park in the Parnell St Car Park.... To get to the Public area walk in the main door & take a left..
esmum Posts: 426
I remember asking the same question. I would try to go in at least an hour beforehand. You have to go to public outpatients first(In the main door and turn left follw signs) . You queue here and they will create your chart. (You then have to queue there everytime you go as you collect your chart there each time. ) On the first app you will have a scan, Blood tests, meet a midwife who will take your medical history and also see a doctor. It will prob take 3-4 hours min as there will be a queue for each of these. Good luck
aperature Posts: 280
thanks girls. can my husband come with me, and if he does ..what part will he actually be allowed into? I'm sure these are silly questions just dont want to look like a plonker if i can help it!
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Hubby can go with you! The only time he'll have to wait outside a room for you is when you're doing blood tests but they only take a min. good luck and enjoy your scan!