1st Week WW - not using up my points?!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs. Ash Posts: 1168
Hey girlies, Just joined WW this week, getting in nice and early for the Big Day!!! :o)ll But I'm not hitting my points everyday, I'm still eating three square meals a day, haven't changed my routine that much, just going for the healthier options!!! So my points are 23 everyday and I'm usually ranging from 15 up to twenty!!! Am I doing something wrong?!!
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Same happened to me when I first started - think it was the entusiasm more than than anything..... once I started having the odd treat and eating a bit more 'normally' I started using the points very quickly! Just be careful though because they do say if you eat too little its as bad as eating too much - your metabolism will go into 'starvation' mode and start saving energy if you don't eat enough. That'll stop you losing weight. I think they say you shoudln't go less than 5 under your recommended points per day.
letty Posts: 444
hi there i joined w.w last thursday, my allowance is 19 points - i have changed my intake on food completely... fresh vet, fresh fish...cooked a rosemantic dinner sat night instead of ordering my usual chinese.... treats where glasses of vino..... instead of desert.... my points where 16 the first 2 days then last 2 days 18 points.... maybe it is enthusiasm, at the moment im just so focused, the leader said 12 weeks to xmas... so a stone off would be terrific....plus i even weighed my pasta and cereal... something i would never do.... the weighing scales was buried in the back of the press for years!!!!!
podgeandrodge Posts: 886
YES I FIND IT HARD TO EAT ALL MY POINTS ASWELL IM 22 POINTS A DAY AND IM NEARLY 11 STONE NEET TO GET DOWN TO 9 AND A HALF FOR WEDDING BUT IT COMES OFF EALLY SLOW I FIND . IF U GT SOME OF THEIR DESSERTS AND MIX WITH SOME FRUIT AFTER UR DINNER I FIND THAT ADDS UP SOME POINTS AND UR GETTING ICE CREAM WHICH IS GOOD
MrsKA Posts: 878
My leader said you have to eat your points allowance. You can only bring 4 points a day forward. She also said that if you start out with 23 points and only use 18 than when you drop weight and you go down to 22 points you won't lose weight if you use the 22 points you have to go down to 17points cause your body is used to the lower points and eventually you will have very little points if you have a good bit of weight to lose. That is why you should eat your point allowance. There are loads of foods you can eat to up your allowance. Hope I explained that properly.
hey ash did you do your first weigh in yet....
Thanks, girlies. Am trying now to eat a few more things to use up my points!!! Last night h2b was scrounging around the house looking for food for me to eat!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 God bless him, he's an angel!!! Getting my first weigh-in on Wed night, am terrified I'll have gained weight!!! :eek
my first weigh in is this thurs... abit nervous aswell. but i went to the gym last night.. and i got up this morn at 6am and did some rowing (i had to brush the dust of this machine) and sit ups..... please please .... let me loose something O-O
newyear08 Posts: 580
Well last night was my first time on this side of WoL & have to say asoon as I got off wol - googled Ww and went today & signed up have 14 til big day but got a we bit of shock when I got on scales so 2moro hitting aqua aerobics again as found it worked brill last time I did it, but use your point allowance as other wollie said it will store it & will have opp effect. O:| O:|
WW last night!!! Lost 2 lbs!! Yippee!!