2 night break away in Ireland - any suggestions ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoesmama Posts: 2774
hi girls really want to get away with DH before babs arrives. our wedding anniversary is in May and is mid-week this year. with all that's going on with us and also not having a huge amount of spare cash we will more than likely not be going abroad this year but still want us to have some time alone before #2 arrives. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice preferable on the west coast for either a mid-week or weekend getaway. Spa is not necessary but would love hotel to have nice restaurant. all ideas welcome.
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
The Dingle Skellig is fantastic and they have excellent deals if you try 1-800-hotels online....
esmum Posts: 426
Mount Falcon in Mayo have a good mid week special on at the minute.
kala Posts: 1937
Bantry is nice. we went there when i was 32 weeks pregnant as our last break before babs arrived. don't stay though in the bantry lodge hotel there are nicer hotels in the town. it has some good restaurants too.
zoesmama Posts: 2774
:thnk girls. will look into all of those. last year for my birthday DH took me to the Cahernane House Hotel in Killarney and it was fantastic. had a totally fantastic weekend. have also seen Knockranny House Hotel in Westport online - has anyone stayed there ??
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I seen and ad on tv today for the malton in kilkenny only 65 per night and it looked really nice although not on west coast.
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
can't name anywhere in particular but Kinsale is just gorgeous... and loads of nice restaurants.
BrideStuff.com Posts: 229
Brook lodge in Wicklow is fantastic.Its got great food and a lovely spa.Highly recommend it pre-baby.
shellzey Posts: 185
[quote="kc05":1670yqxs]:thnk girls. will look into all of those. last year for my birthday DH took me to the Cahernane House Hotel in Killarney and it was fantastic. had a totally fantastic weekend. have also seen Knockranny House Hotel in Westport online - has anyone stayed there ??[/quote:1670yqxs] Knockranny is a lovely hotel & would really recommend Westport for a weekend away. If you are looking for a cheaper hotel in Westport the Westport Plaza is really nice, it doesnt have a spa though! The Radisson in Galway is another option. The spa there is great, havent stayed in the hotel though. Enjoy what ever you decide, :wv
Maybump Posts: 527
Don't know if you'll have the money to spare but it's worth every penny. My DH got me a weekend break in the Monart. It's in Wexford and it's amazing. Mid week would probably be a lot cheaper. Before we went I was very busy in work and DH just found out he is being made redundant so we both really needed it. I felt really rested and relaxed. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:1u3znnh8]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090426/dt/5/k/cf9a/preg.png[/img:1u3znnh8] [/url]