2 weeks off before baby due. What did you do/wish you did?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

1Baby Posts: 127
Hi girls I'm finishing up work now soon on maternity leave. I'll be due 2 weeks later and just wondering what you did or what you wish you did on those 2 weeks off. I'm guessing sleep is going to be a big one !! That's top of my list and basically just picking up last few things for babs, washing baby clothes and blankets, giving baby room a scrub, getting our for a walk each day, eating well. What did you or do you plan to get up to? :wv
noc Posts: 1802
I felt awful - uncomfortable and sick so mostly just lay around moaning, sleeping, worrying (turned out I had pre-eclampsia) and trying to struggle into my hospital appointments, but if I had felt up to it I would have done the following: Gone out for dinner Gone out for plenty of walks Gone to the cinema Visited friends/ family or had them over to our place I would also have liked the place to be a bit tidier and better organised but to be honest, even if I'd had the energy, I don't think in hindsight that would have been a good use of my last two weeks of opportunity for rest and relaxation and recreation! My advice is enjoy them as much as you can and do nice things and other than that, listen to your body and if you need food, sleep, exercise etc. have it.
Sounds good noc, thanks! God love you feeling so bad during your last couple of weeks of freedom!!
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
I had a great time. I: Read books Rented loads of girly DVDs Went out for lunch with anyone who'd meet me Went out for dinner Lay around and had plenty of naps Ate like a horse Walked everyday Few bits of shopping I did absolutely no housework in the last couple of weeks. Was very lucky an oh just did everything.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="MrsMtoB":3e3ksbxv]I had a great time. I: Read books Rented loads of girly DVDs Went out for lunch with anyone who'd meet me Went out for dinner Lay around and had plenty of naps Ate like a horse Walked everyday Few bits of shopping I did absolutely no housework in the last couple of weeks. Was very lucky an oh just did everything.[/quote:3e3ksbxv] Now this I like. I will be doing as little as i can. Relax and enjoy it will you can..
black pearl Posts: 3513
I wish I didnt have the full 2 weeks, I was bored as u can go over by 2 weeks then also. But i would just relax op, get ur baby stuff ready, and then chill nice dvd's/books maybe even get nails done or facial for relaxation xx
Oooh, sounds like heaven !! Thanks girls
ructions Posts: 2689
Z
zeus Posts: 553
I didnt have a great time of it before my LO was born, my dad got quiet ill a couple of wks before she was due so alot of time going down to hosp. I was also VERY big so incredible unconfortable ;o( And she was 9 days over... This time, even with a 2 year old I am hoping to have a nicer time! :-8 The girls have given you some great ideas :wv
paperclips Posts: 3146
At first, I was so annoyed that I was going to have 2 weeks off before baby is born, with the possibility of another 2 weeks if baby is overdue. But now I'm really looking forward to it. DH rightly pointed out that I will never has this much time to myself again. It will never be just me and DH or me time by myself when the baby is born so I'm going to enjoy the time off while again.