20 Days Left,

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsGlynn2B Posts: 56
Hi Ladies, I cant believe it, the day is nearly upon me, I only have 20 days left and just wondering has anyone any tips on the lead up for keeping calm and not getting over whelmed by the small stuff, Put such work in over the last two years and want to enjoy every minute Hope I don't forget anything
Mcaye15 Posts: 67
How exciting... I have just over 2 weeks to go too and for now I am super calm. I have days planned to get all the things done that need to be done. Make a list of things you still need to do and after that there isn't much to worry about. My theory is that I'm not getting stressed because I'll ruin it for myself and I won't enjoy the lead up. x
MrsGlynn2B Posts: 56
I cant believe how fast is coming around, Thank god for organisation
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
How exciting, I would love to have that excitement again! I would also advise ticking things off a list and if you're like me don't bother delegating tasks now cos you'll get more stressed wondering if the jobs are done or not - "if you want something done do it yourself" became my motto near the end :o0 ! DH is a procrastinator and was stressed out doing a million small things the day before (that were on a list for him for weeks!), he was up til all hours the night before the wedding. Have a bottle of Rescue Remedy drops handy, and try to get fresh air & a walk in each day to help clear the head and help sleep. Don't drink too much in the run up, if affects sleep and your skin etc., lots of people will visit & your friends will probably want nights out & the champers/prosecco will flow, it's great fun but the hangovers won't help :o0 Best of luck!
Mcaye15 Posts: 67
[quote="MrsGlynn2B":1ktkx3mk]I cant believe how fast is coming around, Thank god for organisation[/quote:1ktkx3mk] I'm already dreading the downer.... Do you have much left to do?
ShinyBride Posts: 418
[quote="LadyLizzie":6vgrwnar]don't bother delegating tasks now cos you'll get more stressed wondering if the jobs are done or not - "if you want something done do it yourself" became my motto near the end[/quote:6vgrwnar] This is possibly the best piece of advice I've seen on WOL, don't delegate!! :o0 I've had a few mini meltdowns where I've felt overwhelmed but I find it so hard to delegate, because of the reasons you mentioned and because I find it difficult to explain what needs to be done, then get frustrated when it's not done 'right', or it's just quicker to do it myself! MrsGlynn2B, I'm three months out, so not much help, but one thing I will say is to remember that after this one day you have your honeymoon and your whole life together to look forward to! Best of luck. :lvs