20 week scan Private Patient - Cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

islandfun Posts: 3054
I had to book my 12 week scan myself when getting my BFP. Is it the same for your 20 week? Is that carried out in CUMH or the at the consultants office? Thanks in advance!
chloe100 Posts: 97
Hi Island, As a private patient the 12 week scan is the only one that is done in CUMH ( that's how it was for me anyway) I am then scanned at every consultants visit. The 20 week which in my case was at 18 week and what he couldn't see was checked at the 24 week visit...
Perfect, thanks Chloe. I'll only be 16 weeks then so it will be the same for me I'd say.
Dreamster Posts: 6620
You will be scanned at every consultant's visit when you are private in Cork. Now they are not major scans, but you still get to see the baby.
Hmm do I get a picture every time so?
Ask for it as they forget but as the baby gets bigger, you can't get the while baby in one "view" so there is no point in a picture.......
chloe100 Posts: 97
Most of the consultants in cork have a big scanner as opposed to the mini scanner ( the guy i'm seeing does anyway) so you get a big scan at every visit... You'll get as many pics as you want at every visit, but after 30 weeks the baby is so big that the pic is just of one body part... still exciting to see and hear them though!!
Ah I meant the scan is quite quick etc and not a "big" one like the Dubin girls get at 20 weeks.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote="islandfun":1nhlj0y1]I had to book my 12 week scan myself [b:1nhlj0y1]when getting my BFP[/b:1nhlj0y1]. Is it the same for your 20 week? Is that carried out in CUMH or the at the consultants office? Thanks in advance![/quote:1nhlj0y1] You what, now?! :ooh Congrats!!!!!! O-O O-O O-O