20 Week Scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
What is the big in-depth 20 week scan really like? Just wondering should DH come to it as first scan at first appointment was very brief. Didn't really see anything and if next scan is similar don't see the point in DH coming along too. Do you see lots? Do they tell you lots? Any info?
gemini chica Posts: 2581
Sybil, I haven't had mine yet but this one you will see the baby fully formed and looking like a baby! They can tell the sex from now if you want to know! Is it a 4D one or normal one? To be honest I can't wait for my 20 week scan as its the big one for me then with 4D!
ellee Posts: 666
Definitely worth going to! Also, if they find anything to be concerned about you will want him there. :wv
mummytime Posts: 3149
bring your dh for sure. the scan takes nearly an hour, while ours did as my ds was not feeling particularly co-operative that day. it is such a special day. he would not want to miss it.
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
mine was pretty brief, but the best in terms of seeing baby... everything starts to get a little squished after that! Do bring him.. it's amazing.
satsuma Posts: 182
It is incredible and definitely not to be missed! It's amazing - you see this dancing body and the skeleton and everything is perfect! Way more real than the booking in scan
Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
Thanks guys. He's definitely coming. Just found out he's off work that day and had intended coming anyway!