2012 Castle Durrow brides?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lambgerald Posts: 15
Hi just wondering if there are any 2012 Castle Durrow brides about?? :heartbeat:
honeybee51 Posts: 7
Hi, Yes we're seriosuly considering it for early next year...its fairly pricey though.. Looked at churches recently - abbeyleix is nice. Are you having a day after party. We'd like to but it may be too cold for a bbq - any thoughts? I think the room is just lovely..
Hi there, yes we are going to have the bbq the day after and a family meal the bight before in Castle Durrow. I think the whole place is fantastic..and not just the banqueting room. Very exciting! Good luck choosing your venue
teamko Posts: 9
Hi there, We've booked CD for 2012, couldn't have picked a nicer venue. Just completely fell in love with it the minute we walked in! Does anyone know much about the local suppliers there? We still have a ton to do and i'm clueless as to where to start! Help!
hi, what date have you chosen?? Marie has a list of local suppliers but to be honest we are still working through this ourselves trying to pick some of the essentials. as we are getting married at a popular time of year (in the summer) things gets booked out pretty quickly so it depends on your date. Id say ask Marie for the supplier list and work form there. Hope that helps.
honeybee51 Posts: 7
hi, So we decieded to go with it alright.. its fab. we're getting married ealry next year so although ive a fair bit done ive still a it to do..Im not panicking just yet thought. Has naytone organsied reception music. Im thinking we could cut costs ehre and use an ipod instead -must ask marie...
ghelena Posts: 1
Hey there girls yep getting married there april next year . still feel like theres lots to do . hows everyone else getting on ?
Hi girls, I hope all your organization is going well and you're all set for your big day! LG our date is set for early November, really looking forward to it. It's a bit away yet and so much to get organized.........
Jen L Posts: 1
Hi girls, I'm a new 2012 Castle Durrow bride and new to WOL too! Booked CD a couple of weeks ago for December. Have a few things organised - Abbeyleix church booked as well as a band and a photographer but everything else to do! Have you any recommendations of local suppliers? I got a list from Marie but any personal experience would be much appreciated as would like to use as many local suppliers as possible, especially for things like flowers, cake, hair and make-up. So any recommendations would be much appreciated :) I'll keep in touch and let you know how the plans are going!
Hi Gals, How are the preparations coming along? Its so exciting!!!!!!Only a few more months left! I was wondering, has anyone gone for their tasting menus yet? What did ppl go for? Am thinking of straying away from the beef and sea bass. Has anyone tried thier duck or chicken for main?