2012 wedding - When do you book your suppliers ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

OConnell2b Posts: 102
Hi ladies, We are not getting married until August 2012. :o)ll We have the hotel booked but i feel a little silly ringing bands, photographers, florists and other supliers this early. :-8 How far in advance did you book your main suppliers ??? Thanks for all the advice :thnk
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
Hi OConnell2be im getting married next year and i started ringing round photographers and bands in 2008 the likes of these book up a good bit in advance so there would be no harm in getting quotes I have my photographer booked since 2008 and at that stage she already had a good few bookings for 2011
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I'm getting married in dec2011 and all my suppliers tell me that their diaries are filling up already for 2012. Better to be organised and have the suppliers that you want. Confirm your booking with them again then in jan 2012. Good luck and enjoy!! It's great fun and when you've lots of time to organise you can research everything and its not stressful :thnk
Synergy Posts: 2768
Hi OConnell2be we're due to wed in May and have everything booked since Jan. Enjoy all the planning!!
Buttercup x Posts: 535
Hi oconnell2be!!! :wv I'm a 2012 bride too! :o)ll :o)ll We have booked our florist, band, DJ and photographer. We booked them earlier this year but only because we are getting married on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend. We hadn't intended on booking anything until the end of this year but the more people we talked to told us it would be better to get things booked earlier to be sure we got who we wanted! In saying that there are loads of wollies that have planned their weddings in 6 months or less :eek so it's definitely possible to hold off! We've decided to hold off on the rest of our planning until next year...gives us something to look toward to!
OConnell2b Posts: 102
[quote="buttercup x":3dqc63gp]Hi oconnell2be!!! :wv I'm a 2012 bride too! :o)ll :o)ll We have booked our florist, band, DJ and photographer. We booked them earlier this year but only because we are getting married on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend. We hadn't intended on booking anything until the end of this year but the more people we talked to told us it would be better to get things booked earlier to be sure we got who we wanted! In saying that there are loads of wollies that have planned their weddings in 6 months or less :eek so it's definitely possible to hold off! We've decided to hold off on the rest of our planning until next year...gives us something to look toward to![/quote:3dqc63gp] Gosh buttercup, you seem very organised .... Its great to meet another 2012 bride O-O I've just sent a couple of e-mails to a couple of bands and photographers. Looks like its not too early to get going :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thanks for the advice ladies :thnk
Synergy Posts: 2768
Here's the 2012 thread, thought it might interest you :)
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Some people might have a wee giggle at you but so what! No harm being organised!!!
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Start booking the things you know you want! No point in leaving it and it being booked already when you think it's the 'right time' to book things, you don't want to be disappointed. If there is a band/photographer, etc you really want just go for it!
nelle Posts: 552
Hi There!!! No harm at all in being organised - We're getting married July 14th 2012 and we have the church and priest, the hotel, photographer and band booked. A friend of ours is an artist and is going to do our invitations, another friend is a mezzo soprano so will be singing in the church. Also have tried on the dress I want, though I am holding off on ordering it just yet... Maybe a little too organised... :-8